What small changes made a BIG difference?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I do not watch tv in the evenings in the living room. Was for whatever reason a major trigger it mindlessly eat. Since stopping i almost never nightly binge

Nice! Care to share what do you do instead? I'm having trouble structuring my evenings and am curious what people do besides watch TV.

I usually don't get home from work until around 6 most days. It's still light out right now at that time so I either take a road ride or trail ride on my mountain bike...get back around 6:45 or 7. Then it's help with the kids homework and getting them baths/showers and ready for bed. I usually start making dinner around 8 and my wife and I eat around 8:30...right now we are enjoying sitting on the patio outside to eat. After that, we watch about 30 minutes of t.v. and go to bed around 9:30 or so. That 30 minutes or so of t.v. is pretty much all we watch most nights unless there is a football game we want to watch.
  • Lark13
    Lark13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    a low cal (110 cal) protein bar
    What protein bars do you like/find at that calorie level?

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I do not watch tv in the evenings in the living room. Was for whatever reason a major trigger it mindlessly eat. Since stopping i almost never nightly binge

Nice! Care to share what do you do instead? I'm having trouble structuring my evenings and am curious what people do besides watch TV.

Walk
    Cycle
    Work out in our home gym
    Do homework ... I'm working toward a Master's degree part-time
    Work on one of many home projects
    Housework
    Photography

The TV might be on in the evenings at times, but I can't imagine just watching TV.

If I am watching a show, I'll get up during most commercials and do something ... laundry, tidying the kitchen, taking pictures of the flowers in the yard, a few exercises, cleaning the bathroom ...
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Lark13 wrote: »
    a low cal (110 cal) protein bar
    What protein bars do you like/find at that calorie level?

Built bars. You have to order them online. You will find they are very different. The center is sort of like turkish delight, very sticky. I love them but at first it was a bit of a shock as they aren't as sweet as expected.