What small changes made a BIG difference?

Options
I was having a problem with being super hungry after work and when I got home from work. This would lead me to feel hangry and anxious about making dinner fast, as well as overeat at times. I recently started making an afternoon snack at 4pm a habit and have felt SO much better! I never planned to snack at this time, usually I would maybe snack if I felt like it during my second break at work at 3pm. Since making a 4pm snack a priority, I feel much better at the end of the day!

Anyone care to share any small changes that made a big difference for them?

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I was having a problem with being super hungry after work and when I got home from work. This would lead me to feel hangry and anxious about making dinner fast, as well as overeat at times. I recently started making an afternoon snack at 4pm a habit and have felt SO much better! I never planned to snack at this time, usually I would maybe snack if I felt like it during my second break at work at 3pm. Since making a 4pm snack a priority, I feel much better at the end of the day!

Anyone care to share any small changes that made a big difference for them?

How you'd adjusted your 4pm refueling time, is how I'd figured out needing to too (meat-loading or fried deviled eggs) in the early hours of the morning even if I'd had my dinner, at least 3 hours before my AM trail-run at most. Sometimes, strangely, following my evening workout, I'll only hydrate and will postpone dinner 'til later. It's not too regular an issue which'll likely mess with how I might overthink it, but it works.

Otherwise, what has done wonders since I'd received counsel (through my sister @777Gemma888 from her man) are:
    • Increasing beef consumption to my other meats/meat alternative proteins
    • To QUIT coffee

Now, despite how rigorous our workout routines, I generally have minimal to zero issues with my body, with my ease of recovery, despite how fatigued I am for pushing past what I feel is my limit. Since, my zero-coffee discipline, any power-nap to my sleep have been amazing ... Restful every time, waking up without that need for a quick zing of a hot cuppa, rather, rearing to go, invigorated.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    So many. Always having something ready or almost ready to eat. I always keep at least 1 TV dinner and 1 Voila type bag of dinner in the freezer. I have a list of “safe for me” fast food places near my house on the fridge.
    When I look at the clock, I need to ask myself, am I looking to see if it is almost time to eat? If so, it’s time to get up and start cooking. If it hasn’t been long since I ate last, I may still need a snack.
    Planning to eat every 4 hours or less. If I know I’ll have an early lunch or a late supper, I plan a protein heavy snack about half way in between, hungry or not. It keeps me from being hangry later.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Small changes -
    1. I play music when I do chores like laundry or dishes, and as a result I tend to dance when I do it, so it ends up being an extra few small sets of exercise when I do chores.

2. I drink water or tea made from fresh herbs, and pretty much nothing else. It's a huge cut down in calories from beverages.

• rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    P.S. Prepare in advance! I keep a few packets of flavored tuna in my office drawer as well as no sugar beef jerky and peanut butter and I always buy portable fruit and veggies (apples and carrots are great and don't need refrigeration if you are in the AC). That way, if I am running late for work, I still have something tasty to eat so I don't get hangry!