Finally, Organic Coca-Cola

Options
Acg67
Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
Will the ignorant that believe that organic product X is always healthier than its non organic counterpart buy this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tZaMOt8gQl4

7-530x366.jpg

4-530x529.jpg

http://www.nextnature.net/2013/08/organic-coke-arrives/

Replies

• Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    Absolutely - it will be perfect to wash-down an organic Big Mac and fries made with organic potatoes and oil.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am on my phone and can't click the links.... But please tell me this is a joke.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    1. This product is marketed as natural, not organic. Having trouble even imagining how you could get fully organic coke?

2. The only argument for this being "healthier" is that it's lower calorie, which has nothing to do with organic.

3. Their focus seems to be more environmental, which I would argue is the stronger argument for organic product, though most people don't recognize it as such.

PS, I agree with you OP, most people will buy this simply because they fell for the marketing ploy. Would point out however that it's not necessarily a bad thing that a major corp is attempting some good PR through being a bit more environmentally conscientious with their products.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - it will be perfect to wash-down an organic Big Mac and fries made with organic potatoes and oil.

:laugh:

Perfect answer. "It says organic so it MUST be healthy!!!"

Not that I am opposed to having a Coke every now and then, but making it organic seems silly. Sugar is sugar.

ETA: I see from a PP that it is being marketed as natural, not organic. I still think that will lead people to falsely believe it is "better for them" than Coca-Cola Classic. And again, sugar is sugar. My husband likes me to buy organic products (like sugar), but I still think it's a bit much.
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Seems to be real, launched in Argentina in June and considering other markets later. It apparently uses a

I link to an article with a little more info below. Here's a quote on how they're sweetening the drink with Stevia:

"Stevia, a natural sweetener derived from a species of plants native to South America, Central America and Mexico, is sweeter than sugar but has no calories. Coca-Cola Life will have about half the calories of regular Coke."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/coca-cola-life_n_3516512.html
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    lol, only if it's not more expensive and curious of how stevia will make it taste.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    lol, only if it's not more expensive and curious of how stevia will make it taste.

Yea, I'd consider it as long as they didn't use it as an excuse to jack the price up. I HATE HATE HATE the taste of most artificial sweeteners, but this is going to be 1/2 organic sugar and 1/2 stevia, MIGHT be palatable, but honestly, since I've been working out so much, my cravings for coke have dropped to 0 anyways.

I appreciate it more for the enviro friendly bottle. My aquatic science students all know that plastic bottles are my nemesis.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well this was bound to happen I guess. Because money.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Organic beer gets you organically drunk.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If they don't make Organic Coke Zero, I'm not interested.
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    hahahahah that's made me wet my pants... and made my day at the same time.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    But where is the organic high fructose corn syrup that makes coke tastes so dang good?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    But where is the organic high fructose corn syrup that makes coke tastes so dang good?

See, I'll take a mexican coke with real sugar over an american coke with hfcs any day, and only because it tastes WAY better. Just ignore the warnings about lead in the glass bottles.....
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Meh...

Organic Mountain Dew on the other hand....

ETA: But only if it's bottled in micro-financed, cruelty-free plastic.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Finally, I can go organic...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    For a "clean" eater, this is being in between a hard place and a rock. On one hand, its Organic. On another... its Soda!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    meh...

i'll wait for the inorganic, large carbon footprint version.

...because, my avatar!
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Finally! Do they also make organic diet coke with organic aspartame?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Just drink water :O

pffffffffth.