Finally, Organic Coca-Cola

Options

Replies

• jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Only done because Pepsi did it a few years ago....that worked well.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    The adoption of stevia in CSDs received a major boost in 2008, when the FDA in the US gave it 'GRAS' (Generally Regarded As Safe) status. This implies that companies using stevia in their products do not need to mention it explicitly - effectively giving the sweetener a vote of confidence. Coca-Cola seized this opportunity in a big way, introducing stevia-flavored variants in as many as 30 product lines. PepsiCo was more conservative in its attempt, choosing to limit its stevia experiment to its 'SoBe' line of enhanced water beverages and Trop50, a low-calorie variant of its 'Tropicana' line of fruit juices. ((" FDA okays Stevia as GRAS sweetener ", December 2008, Foodconsumer.org)
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Just drink water :O

pffffffffth.

That's the sound the intake on my CR-V makes. [Thread crossover complete.]
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I don't know.....I've heard water can have some scary dangerous chemicals in it. All that dihydrogen monoxide....
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I don't know.....I've heard water can have some scary dangerous chemicals in it. All that dihydrogen monoxide....

Why is the government not allowing organic water into the society? They really don't want us to stay healthy do they?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Why is the government not allowing organic water into the society? They really don't want us to stay healthy do they?

The day I see organic bottled water for sale at the grocery store is the day I give up as a science teacher.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Honestly, I should have seen this coming. If they can market sodium bicarbonate as an extra special heartburn medication and iron oxide as high tech aquarium filtration material then I guess "organic" water can't be too far behind.

For those without the chem background:
    Sodium bicarbonate = baking soda
    iron oxide = rust
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Argentina gets everything man. Grass fed cows, super hot Presidente de la Nación, and now Stevia Coke.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I should have seen this coming. If they can market sodium bicarbonate as an extra special heartburn medication and iron oxide as high tech aquarium filtration material then I guess "organic" water can't be too far behind.

iron oxide = rust

As much as I didn't enjoy Chemistry (sorry!), it's this reason that it should be mandatory through high school! *sigh*

Some people will fall for anything when it comes to marketing unfortunately. I've made a switch to gluten free recently (legitimate reasons, not following the fad and haven't even read Wheat Belly) and I noticed that there are some brands of hummus that say "gluten free" on them. Reality check, hummus has ALWAYS been gluten free.

As for this "natural" coke. Coke is coke. It will always be coke.

/end rant
  • xtrasmall
    Options
    um i thought this was a joke but apparently not.. anyway i will stick to 0calorie diet coke thank u very much haha
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

iron oxide = rust

As much as I didn't enjoy Chemistry (sorry!), it's this reason that it should be mandatory through high school! *sigh*

Some people will fall for anything when it comes to marketing unfortunately. I've made a switch to gluten free recently (legitimate reasons, not following the fad and haven't even read Wheat Belly) and I noticed that there are some brands of hummus that say "gluten free" on them. Reality check, hummus has ALWAYS been gluten free.

As for this "natural" coke. Coke is coke. It will always be coke.

/end rant

This is why I love teaching aquatic science, I can sneak in the life lessons about chemistry education and marketing, and usually avoid boring my students to tears, it's a win win! My personal favorites are things like gummy bears or other purely sugar snacks that have FAT FREE big and bold across the top. I mean NO S**T REALLY?!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, I cannot wait to see people trying to claim that this is a more natural way to drink soda.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    How the heck can soda be "natural'? Its made in a lab for petes sake!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

If I mix soil and water in a lab, can I no longer call it natural mud?
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If you sold dog poop with the label "Organic" or "Natural" on it people would buy it. Just because it is organic/natural doesn't necessarily mean it is good.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options

If I mix soil and water in a lab, can I no longer call it natural mud?

Nope!