Ultimate Accountability Challenge October 2019

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
exii669yamrh.jpg
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

Join the October UAC here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134186-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2019

Replies

• Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Great im glad youve done it 😀

Hello to newbies, welcome. You will find a great supportive community here.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    This is a great challenge. It really makes you think about using those pass days & missing out on the coveted winners circle!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    If you want to lose/gain/maintain, joining this group is the BEST thing you can do for yourself.

Really.

If you are looking for a sense of belonging on MFP, this group will provide that.

Really.

If you want to be inspired by a sweet group who are daily doing the habits that insure a lifelong maintenance, join this group.

Really.

We look forward to welcoming you❣️
    Maddie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    UAC is the ultimate accountability challenge, with friendly and compassionate support from members. Thanks @RangerRickL for keeping us on the straight and narrow.
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    This group is awesome! Very positive and supportive! I absolutely LOVE it! Accept the challenge you will not be disappointed!
  • RangerRickL
    tz4q8nscmeb1.jpg
    We are not only working on our healthy habits of tracking all caloric foods & beverages: tracking our caloric intake; intentionally exercising at least 20 minutes per day and daily posting of our efforts and results.
    We are also happy to share the non-scale-victories in our lives.
    If you are looking for accountability with an uplifting group of team mates/friends, then join us for the October Ultimate Accountability Challenge. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134186-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2019
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    I love being part of this group. It has really helped me stay on track and helped me get back on track when I take the occasional detour. :)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    My favourite aspect of this challenge is that it has simple guidelines, but flexibility within it for you to meet the requirements in your own way. For example, you must exercise 20 minutes per day, but you choose what kind of exercise that is.
    Normally that is good for me as my exercise of choice is a specific sport (brazilian jiu jitsu), however being injured it also helps as I am limited in what forms of exercise I can do currently.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    UAC - where practicing accountability happens!

For me, learning to change my behavior to include tracking my food, eating under my calorie goal, and moving my body for 20 minutes each day is what will positively change my health.

Right now I am actively losing weight but the idea of the group is that it supports every phase of your health journey, whether you are losing weight, maintaining weight, building, etc.

Come be accountable in a supportive and friendly forum.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    There’s lots of things I love about this challenge, but for the last 3 months, my favourite thing is that if you’ve used up all your pass days, you’re still welcome, still cheered on by others.

I’ve taken full advantage of that, and I strongly believe it has helped me “minimize the damage”.

I’m looking forward to another great month of healthy habits. Come join us in October!
  • HeyItsBrad
    HeyItsBrad Posts: 8 Member
    I would like to join your group challenge. However there are some events in the month of October (Thanksgiving, a cottage trip, Halloween parties (2), birthday to name a few) that would likely generate pass days solely on coloric input. I would not want to lie on reporting. Would it be advisable to sign up for October or reserve the engagement for your next challenge?
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,601 Member
    Do you want a great group to join? This ones for you.Great leader,awesome support, group chats, accountability buddies.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,202 Member
    Nice easy challenge to follow .. making good choices a habit
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,202 Member
    HeyItsBrad wrote: »
    I would like to join your group challenge. However there are some events in the month of October (Thanksgiving, a cottage trip, Halloween parties (2), birthday to name a few) that would likely generate pass days solely on coloric input. I would not want to lie on reporting. Would it be advisable to sign up for October or reserve the engagement for your next challenge?

@HeyItsBrad you should join anyway even if you can't manage a "perfect" month .. if you go over on pass days its not the end of the world .. so you won't make the winners circle .. but its a start to making good habits :)

December is my worst month (4 birthdays new years eve and xmas) but I will still be there trying my best :)

Hope to see you there :)
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Change your habits and change your life!

This challenge is focused on 3 of the most basic wellness habits: A bit of exercise, picking and sticking to a calorie budget, and tracking to see if you made your budget. You adjust as needed until you get it right. It's your exercise, your budget, your tracking. Grandma advice, right? Easy peasy.... sort of. Join in!
  • HeyItsBrad
    HeyItsBrad Posts: 8 Member
    Allrighty then. I'm in!
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    If you're looking for a fantastic challenge with a group of awesome people who will keep you motivated, then you're in the right place! This will be my 10th month in a row with UAC and it's been fantastic!
  • RangerRickL
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    This challenge is the most amazing journey! No weigh ins, no judgement, I have been here over a year and accomplished so much, such a friendly , supportive group!
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    UAC is the perfect place to check in each day as you work on establishing or re enforcing your healthy habits.
    We celebrate our victories big or small and support each other through our tough days. It is a safe place to share.