Ultimate Accountability Challenge October 2019

Options
2»

Replies

• lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Closing in on my first UAC and looking forward to number two! This challenge has helped me to stay on track in more than just the 3 challenge areas; the discipline spills over to other areas in my life. So, a great big win! Bring on October.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite groups! Knowing that I’ll be reporting in has helped me stay on track or get back on track. It’s also helped keep me motivated with being active.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @lalabank and @fatbambi2017 !!!
    We invite you to join with us for the October edition of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge.
    click on this link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134186-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2019
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my second month as part of the UAC and it has been awesome! :) Although it's not a biggest-loser type challenge, it can result in that sort of loss if you have your mfp calorie limit set to create a loss. I lost 4 lb in Sep and a few in Aug all because the supportive community of UAC helped keep me accountable to logging and cheered each other on! For the first time ever I'm spending 28 days a month keeping under my calories limit and working on healthy long-term habits. If you're on the fence, join and try it out this month!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    5hmb29iszr78.jpg
    Look up and read the good things that team members have to say about why you should join us for the October UAC!!
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Very excited
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    Welcome @QueenZeeIsm !!

It can take a month to get used to it, but then wow! We’re glad you’re excited!!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    There’s lots of things I love about this challenge, but for the last 3 months, my favourite thing is that if you’ve used up all your pass days, you’re still welcome, still cheered on by others.

I’ve taken full advantage of that, and I strongly believe it has helped me “minimize the damage”.

I’m looking forward to another great month of healthy habits. Come join us in October!

I totally agree with you. This group has helped me minimize the damage of undoing my healthy habits progress. In fact, it enforces habits needed to stay on track. Thanks Rich for setting it up. Come join us!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    nuv7qsae3r57.jpg

As of yesterday, I have read all of the last 3 days posts. Here is who appears to be qualified to be in the Winner's Circle (don't blow it today!!):
    @ConfidentRaven
    @Slimpossible007
    @TerriRichardson112
    @Irsirius
    @Bill70sStrong
    @cjane917
    @znaoiec
    @corriepelc
    @stella7x7
    @fatbambi2017
    @LeeH31
    @nicnz
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Join us for the October edition of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC)
    read the good things that team members have to say above.
    Click this link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134186-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2019
  • vivalavida82
    vivalavida82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This sounds hard! But a great challenge.
    I’ll do my best!
    I expect having a hard time with being under a given amount of calories. I tend to look at my average calories over the week, that way I can have extra good days and days where I go out.

But I’m looking for a good group and a good challenge and being able the share the struggles.

All the best to everyone!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @vivalavida82 You are the one who will decide your own calorie limit. Make it a realistic and livable limit so you can maintain that vivalavida!!!
    !Que tenga muy buena suerte y mantenga tu animo!
    Ricardo
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    ldtxhejeldu2.gif

Congratulations to our Winner's Circle September 2019 Qualifiers!!!
    As one new member stated, "I thought this Challenge was going to be easy. I found out that it is anything but easy!"
    We salute our team members who succeeded with the discipline to have no more than 3 Pass Days in the month of September:
    @ConfidentRaven
    @Slimpossible007
    @TerriRichardson112
    @Irsirius
    @Bill70sStrong
    @cjane917
    @znaoiec
    @corriepelc
    @fatbambi2017
    @LeeH31
    @nicnz

The additional good news is that many other team members who did not qualify for the Winner's Circle, stayed with us throughout the month. They continued to post their daily results and many achieved weight loss or maintenance. That is winning too!
    Best wishes to all team members!
    Now, it's October...Let the games begin!
    @RangerRickL, or better, just, Rick

This is our last post to invite you to join us for October.
    If you are ready, click here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134186-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2019

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL Many thanks! Ready, willing, and able! Returnining for my twelfth month.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,212 Member
    Options
    This sounds hard! But a great challenge.
    I’ll do my best!
    I expect having a hard time with being under a given amount of calories. I tend to look at my average calories over the week, that way I can have extra good days and days where I go out.

But I’m looking for a good group and a good challenge and being able the share the struggles.

All the best to everyone!

@vivalavida82 as @RangerRickL says .. you set your own limit

I also average out over the week ..... I am allowed approx 1800 a day (I am currently maintaining weight) so if for example on the Monday I have 1600 cals then I am allowed 2000 on the Tuesday.

also if I know I have something going on at the weekend that will require more calories then I give myself less during the week to compensate ... the rule I set is that I work my avg cals out from Mon-Sun .. and on the next Mon I do a re set .. .. IMHO its all about balance .. I tend to seriously under eat if I don't work it this way ... as is proven by serious hair loss so I have to allow an average ...

• windNthewillows
    windNthewillows Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!