Calories in this meal?

Options
My friend gave me some stew made of lamb, green peas and artichoke hearts. I can't figure out how many calories in it? weighed and it says 315 grams, no lamb thought, just vegetables. Any idea how do I know how many calories this portion has? and fat? since it was cooked with lamb?
Thx

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    You're gonna have to give it your best guess. There is no way for any of us to know what was actually in your meal.

If your friend has a recipe, and you can get that, you can try to extrapolate how much of it you had, and guesstimate from there.

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If vegetables have been stewed with the lamb but eaten without meat, then I would calculate: 1 tbs oil for browning, at least 1.5 tbs. lamb fat, better 2 tbs. Vegetables: raw weight around 400 gram. Rough guess: 450 to 550 calories without the meat and without any starchy side dishes. But I would also say: Did you enjoy your friend's food? Excellent! Don't stress!
  • csacani99
    csacani99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I actually guestimated around 500 calories so thank you, I just wanted to make I am counting for everything since I am new to MFP. I know that 300 grams of green peas are 243 calories and the rest now it is just estimation but yes, I love it! I found that it is a Moroccan Tagine, yum!
  • csacani99
    Options
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Since you actually have the recipe link you could build it in the recipe builder and get a much much closer estimate of what you ate.

I’d always prefer to do that than blind guesstimate!
  • csacani99
    Options
    Thank you, I will do that then