keeping a streak alive when out in the backwoods...

Options
LAT1963
LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
If you pre-log your expected meals before going off-grid where you can't log in daily, will it keep a streak from being broken (and then can revise the predicted meals with what you actually ate later)?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I don’t think so, as the streak days seem to be counted on simply opening the app, rather than from the diary function, specifically. I can’t see that the program will have been written in such a way as to ‘read’ data from a diary.

You can, however, contact MFP and get your streak reset or reinstated I believe. I’m sure I read a thread yesterday to that effect, but I’m on the app so can’t post a link, even if I could find it!
  • kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No I don’t think so. I pre log a week in advance most times (for grocery shopping purposes) and every single day I get notifications throughout the day: “You haven’t logged your breakfast yet. Would you like to do that now?” Even though my breakfast has been logged for 3 days. So I don’t think it acknowledges pre logs.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Nope, I tried it for vacation in January when I knew I would not have cell service & it didn't work, lol. Although on last vacation, I didn't lose my streak even tho I didn't log during that time, but I was within cell service, so I guess my Fitbit sending info over kept it going?
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    kiddycat73 wrote: »
    No I don’t think so. I pre log a week in advance most times (for grocery shopping purposes) and every single day I get notifications throughout the day: “You haven’t logged your breakfast yet. Would you like to do that now?” Even though my breakfast has been logged for 3 days. So I don’t think it acknowledges pre logs.

inspiring organizational skills!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    It's a login streak not a logging in streak. Use of your food diary is irrelevant to the streak, it only counts days you log in to the app.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I don’t think so, as the streak days seem to be counted on simply opening the app, rather than from the diary function, specifically. I can’t see that the program will have been written in such a way as to ‘read’ data from a diary.

You can, however, contact MFP and get your streak reset or reinstated I believe. I’m sure I read a thread yesterday to that effect, but I’m on the app so can’t post a link, even if I could find it!

Here's the link:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/94191

I experienced the same as I go camping often with no internet/cellular access. I pre-logged my meals and used the tool when I got back to the world.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    My streak stopped at around 780 days when life got in the way for a couple of days. Just going to make a new one...might be up to 40 about now....oh well.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    We usually go camping and floating once each summer. I used to worry about my streak on those weekends. Interestingly enough, my streak never disappeared. I don't know if it had anything to do with the lack of cell service or what. I did lose my 1000+ day streak on a cruise this spring though. It was almost a relief to be honest. It took off some pressure. I created a good logging habit over the past few years, and that is what is more important.