Keto

heathers1219
heathers1219 Posts: 6 Member
Is anyone following a keto diet? I would love some guidance!

Replies

• DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Some basic info on KETO at the site below.
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

There are several low carb and keto MFP groups you should take a look at as well.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Yes! What questions do you have? Are you going to be strict with the rules or do you need the "dirty" version? What are your goals?
  • heathers1219
    heathers1219 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you. I joined
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    I can’t help you with keto but I can’t help you with your workout routine and help you be the best you can be!

Let’s be great friends!
  • khaledghandour
    khaledghandour Posts: 22 Member
    Is anyone following a keto diet? I would love some guidance!

114 days with 0 sugar & carbs I lost 28 kilograms with very good health...I'm here if you need any help
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    DW1Texas wrote: »

I was gonna mention this group, too. It's great. A lot of people in the general forums just crap on the keto lifestyle. Good luck, OP.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    RevGym2 wrote: »
    I can’t help you with keto but I can’t help you with your workout routine and help you be the best you can be!

Let’s be great friends!

Would you settle for a slightly below average friend ???
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I've been eating Keto since June 10, 2019. I have lost significant amount of weight... I'm a lifer, but only because carbs literally make me very sick. I recently tried to even incorporate some fruits back into diet... Wasn't feeling too well, so I'm back to meat and veggies... all cooked in olive oil. It's heartbreaking, because I love fruit.

I also recommend The Low Carber Daily Forum group on here.

Good luck!

• squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    DW1Texas wrote: »

Please help me understand if I joined the Keto group? I asked to join but the app on my phone always brings me to this thread. ? I’m confused and in fact I have asked other group in the past to join but get no notification that I’m in. I have lost 83.4 with Keto and would like help and support with the lady 25 pounds. Thank you
  • Emmapatterson1729
    @squirley13

I thought the keto group was just an open group, along with the Low Carber Daily Forum group. I don't remember having to request to join. But at the time, I joined like 20 groups in one day (was new to community).

On app, are you clicking on the left gray icon on black bar at the top of screen, it should pull up menu, groups is the bottom one, click groups, and it should show you which groups you are in and access to them.

• squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    @squirley13

I thought the keto group was just an open group, along with the Low Carber Daily Forum group. I don't remember having to request to join. But at the time, I joined like 20 groups in one day (was new to community).

On app, are you clicking on the left gray icon on black bar at the top of screen, it should pull up menu, groups is the bottom one, click groups, and it should show you which groups you are in and access to them.

Thank you so very much!!!! I never noticed that button and now feel stupid. So appreciate your kindness and response! I’m actually sad I’m not in as many as I thought I requested. I have stared or bookmarked some which helped find them. 🤗
  • Emmapatterson1729
    squirley13 wrote: »
    @squirley13

Thank you so very much!!!! I never noticed that button and now feel stupid. So appreciate your kindness and response! I’m actually sad I’m not in as many as I thought I requested. I have stared or bookmarked some which helped find them. 🤗

@squirley13

I also had to ask on the forums how to find groups, lol... There's no owner's manual with directions and instructions for apps!! It doesn't help that the black menu bar comes and goes or gets covered by an ad.

My take on a few of the groups:

The Keto group and The Low Carber Daily Forum are fairly active and helpful. Keto Cooking is recipes put out by one keto member. The Paleo group is dead, as is Recipe Swap group... But fun to read through old recipes on Recipe Swap. Clean Eating group is somewhat active, but not the friendliest, most helpful or supportive group!

Good luck with the last few pounds... Patience... The last few are the hardest to lose. I usually flip things or make minor changes to my regular routines when I stall or plateau.

Like if eating a light lunch and a large dinner... Flip to large lunch, lighter dinner. If walking for exercise, I will add in a couple of short fast sprints in my walks. I workout right before a meal, then I eat high protein meal after workout... Speeds metabolism replacing energy spent.

Good luck!