Not enough calories update

Options
Lanag12
Lanag12 Posts: 10 Member
edited October 2019 in Food and Nutrition
I started using this over the weekend. Yesterday I posted I wasn’t getting enough calories and starting to lose weight to quickly (I’m only trying to lose a few pounds) and thank you for the help! I finally got to around 1,500 calories yesterday I measure and eyeball my food the best I can. but don’t weigh it since I feel it will make me more stressed and give me more work than I have. so I probably get more calories than I think right? do you all weigh food what are your thoughts?

Replies

• sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I weigh most of my food because I dont have much margin for error (also at 1,500 cals a day, with a relatively small amount of weight to lose but a lot of body fat to cut).

But I have an opposite problem and tend to have hungry eyes 😬 so I'm not very accurate when I eyeball and I only lose when I weigh my food. But if you are trying to avoid under eating and lose at a slower rate than you are now, then you can probably get away with not weighing your food.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The upside to using a food scale is knowing actually how much you are eating. sometimes that means I use less peanut butter than if I eyeball it. But sometimes that means I get to eat more and be confident in that. I do not weight everything. But if I am making a large pot of something I like to weigh the ingredients. I actually prefer cooking with a scale as opposed to cups now. It is much more consistent. If I am eating something that is calorie dense I like to know how much.