Finding my routine

emmajane2211
emmajane2211 Posts: 37 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Is do people go about finding their routine for exercise ect? Meals little and often? I'm rubbish with time management and work 8 - 6 so need to organise my day properly and really motivate myself. That's where i struggle. Advice please? Also anybody also fancy friending me feel free we all need the support
Emma

Replies

• YaelCeglio
    YaelCeglio Posts: 12 Member
    Hi Emma - I'm currently doing the Focus T25 program and love their nutrition guide. I have two kids, so I'm really busy, but T25 is only 25 minutes long, so who doesn't have that in their schedule? I eat 5-6 times a day. You're welcome to look at my food diaries for inspiration. I try to eat as clean as I can and drink water all day long.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    I eat two big meals a day, all my food within 6 hours.

When you eat does not matter, YOU decide. There is no perfect way to do it.

What time you eat during the day doesn't matter or how many meals you have.
  • jenjen828
    jenjen828 Posts: 58 Member
    To be honest, I work at school, so I have been back to work for a couple of weeks and have been struggling with exercise. Just the new schedule, along with getting in my exercise has been a bit of a challenge. I am having to get creative, since I am so busy when I get home, and struggle getting up early enough to work out before work in the mornings.

I have been trying different things, and I am resorting to getting a foot peddler to go under or beside my desk to get in a little extra movement. If I can get to moving at work more, I think I will be more motivated and in the mindset to do more once I am home. I guess my advise would be to just look at creative ways to get in more movement in everything you do, and also try to fit in a workout as much as you can. So much of this is trial and error to see what works for you.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    I changed my meals to time frames - I eat when I need to. Sometimes I skip a whole time frame - sometimes I eat twice in one. I try to hoard some calories for night time when I know I will really want them.

Breakfast is protein powder in my coffee if I can't do anything else. It's become a routine for me. And it carries me a good few hours usually. Lunch - well, it's been a disaster - but that should improve this next week. I'm trying to keep "components" ready to go instead of meals (precooked boiled eggs, chicken, chopped fresh veggies, yogurt cups etc). Convenience is a must. I load up lunchbox, and eat as I want to. Trying to stretch the calories in the afternoon so I have some for the night.

Exercise - that's harder. I'm planning to exercise mostly at night because I will be getting home around 10PM and can sleep in. I'm much better at staying up than getting up.

I think try an idea - if it didn't work - tweak it. If something isn't working - it doesn't mean you failed - it was a bad plan. Just plan to "morph" the plan until it works with your schedule.
This discussion has been closed.