Well, crap. I've jacked my knee up. Now what?

Options
2»

Replies

• jrh_this_better_work
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Doing the zimmer frame workout, you do need to be immune to looking pathetic, especially if the injured leg is in a cast. We have a theatre about a block away from the flat, and whenever the doorman saw me slowing approaching, sweat streaming down my face, hopping behind the zimmer frame, he would run into the bar to fetch me a glass of water.

Also a lot of passers by would ask if they could assist in any way. What, like carry me home, piggy back style?

Annoyingly I had this same surgery 12 years ago, so I'm familiar with the crutches workout :) About sympathy, I like the piggy back option! However, when I was last on crutches, someone pushed past me on an elevator to get out of a car park lobby, and then let themselves out the outside door without holding it for me. So the sympathy tack doesn't always work :smile:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Doing the zimmer frame workout, you do need to be immune to looking pathetic, especially if the injured leg is in a cast. We have a theatre about a block away from the flat, and whenever the doorman saw me slowing approaching, sweat streaming down my face, hopping behind the zimmer frame, he would run into the bar to fetch me a glass of water.

Also a lot of passers by would ask if they could assist in any way. What, like carry me home, piggy back style?

Annoyingly I had this same surgery 12 years ago, so I'm familiar with the crutches workout :) About sympathy, I like the piggy back option! However, when I was last on crutches, someone pushed past me on an elevator to get out of a car park lobby, and then let themselves out the outside door without holding it for me. So the sympathy tack doesn't always work :smile:

I would recommend trying to get a zimmer frame which is safer than crutches. It is slower though so having both options is ideal. I have other health issues (nerve damage in feet) which make crutches too tricky given my poor balance.