Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Don’t want to subtract workout calories

2»

Replies

• slimdowntslimdownt Posts: 84Member, Premium Member Posts: 84Member, Premium Member
    Given that MFP does allow you to set your own calorie goals, which you can set based on TDEE if you like, then you can't just assume that everyone using MFP should always eat back their calories and that if they don't they are creating too large of a deficit.

I like to key in 1 for my calorie burn, no matter what MFP says because like any other user entered data, some of the calculated calorie burns are way higher than realistic for someone my size.

Exactly what I'm getting at.
  • glassyoglassyo Posts: 3,968Member Member Posts: 3,968Member Member
    slimdownt wrote: »
    Given that MFP does allow you to set your own calorie goals, which you can set based on TDEE if you like, then you can't just assume that everyone using MFP should always eat back their calories and that if they don't they are creating too large of a deficit.

I like to key in 1 for my calorie burn, no matter what MFP says because like any other user entered data, some of the calculated calorie burns are way higher than realistic for someone my size.

Exactly what I'm getting at.

Yes but that's not exactly what you are saying.

BTW, if you use TDEE - Deficit (assuming you are accounting for activity generally closely, guess what? You are eating back your exercise calories.

I'm hitting "like"...like a hundred more times in my head.
  • debrakgooginsdebrakgoogins Posts: 1,731Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,731Member, Premium Member
    PTA4LYF wrote: »
    you are wrong MFP doesnt expect you to eat the calories back it is teling you the total amount of calories you can consume after the exercise calories are added in so you can still maintain the weight loss goal that you have already established

That isn't how any of this works.