I don’t like.....

Options

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    People who try to bff me right off the bat. Let’s warm up with a good morning nod for a few months, then maybe we can try a smile. No, I don’t want to Facebook friend you so i can see your cruise photos.

I wish people tried to bff me that fast. But I still get where you’re coming from

People often mistake my politeness for friendliness. I hold doors, say please and thank you, etc. but my biggest problem is probably that I make eye contact when people are talking.

I believe that can be misread more when the polite one is a woman. They may think I'm polite, a chauvinist or expect me to be carrying a chloroform-soaked rag and run off.

this is exactly why, whenever a man holds the door open for me and smiles, I just immediately kick him in the ballz. You just NEVER KNOW.

Sound advice. Exactly what I teach in my 'Chivalry's not dead yet, but you can help' bloginar.

Make sure to include the ever popular....when a man asks if he can help you carry your groceries make sure to immediately pepper spray him in the eyes because he obviously wants to steal them and probably get into your underwear.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    People who try to bff me right off the bat. Let’s warm up with a good morning nod for a few months, then maybe we can try a smile. No, I don’t want to Facebook friend you so i can see your cruise photos.

I wish people tried to bff me that fast. But I still get where you’re coming from

People often mistake my politeness for friendliness. I hold doors, say please and thank you, etc. but my biggest problem is probably that I make eye contact when people are talking.

I believe that can be misread more when the polite one is a woman. They may think I'm polite, a chauvinist or expect me to be carrying a chloroform-soaked rag and run off.

this is exactly why, whenever a man holds the door open for me and smiles, I just immediately kick him in the ballz. You just NEVER KNOW.

Sound advice. Exactly what I teach in my 'Chivalry's not dead yet, but you can help' bloginar.

Make sure to include the ever popular....when a man asks if he can help you carry your groceries make sure to immediately pepper spray him in the eyes because he obviously wants to steal them and probably get into your underwear.

I've often heard that the way to a woman's heart is through her groceries and ultimately her undies.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options

I've often heard that the way to a woman's heart is through her groceries and ultimately her undies.

Ive heard this as well. Thats exactly why I pepper spray the bag boy. Just in case.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

I laughed out LOUD at this

while sitting in a crowded oil change place
  • s131951
    Options

Ive heard this as well. Thats exactly why I pepper spray the bag boy. Just in case.

You. . . have the battlefield prowess of a bionic cougar.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

This resonates with me. I am very slow to warm up to people. I need some time to become vaguely aware of their existence, be suspicious of their cheerfulness, and ultimately decide that there are worse people, probably. Then we can move to phase two: the polite head nods, OCCASIONAL eye contact, and if they compliment me on my perfume, maybe I’ll start saying hi and smile like i mean it. It takes me forever to get to the point that I’m ready to start dishing/receiving advice/insults, or whatever it is people do with their friends
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Did the teacher just become the teachee?
  • s131951
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Definitions are so constrictive.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options

This resonates with me. I am very slow to warm up to people. I need some time to become vaguely aware of their existence, be suspicious of their cheerfulness, and ultimately decide that there are worse people, probably. Then we can move to phase two: the polite head nods, OCCASIONAL eye contact, and if they compliment me on my perfume, maybe I’ll start saying hi and smile like i mean it. It takes me forever to get to the point that I’m ready to start dishing/receiving advice/insults, or whatever it is people do with their friends

I used to be that way. Now I just start with insults and my humor. If they can handle it Ill probably consider them an acquaintance.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    The C words for private parts.

People who are overly self-deprecating. It is fake to me. Just be real.

The smell of marijuana.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    The C words for private parts.

People who are overly self-deprecating. It is fake to me. Just be real.

The smell of marijuana.

We could never be friends 😂
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

Best post I'll read today, probably
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I used to be that way. Now I just start with insults and my humor. If they can handle it Ill probably consider them an acquaintance.

I find it much easier to do that online. But in person i have to actually contort my face into pleasant expressions and that’s a big barrier to entry
  • caco_ethes
    Options

You would hate women’s underwear
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

I find it much easier to do that online. But in person i have to actually contort my face into pleasant expressions and that’s a big barrier to entry

Unless I’m very tired or concentrating, I have resting pollyanna face. I don’t get hit on excessively but people seem to find me approachable in a friendly way. I haven’t found a way to say, “ No, no. That’s just my face.”
  • s131951
    Options

I usually bite at and throw them away when encountered.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Goodness
  • s131951
    Options

Goodness

As much as my muppet gums allow that is.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Unless I’m very tired or concentrating, I have resting pollyanna face. I don’t get hit on excessively but people seem to find me approachable in a friendly way. I haven’t found a way to say, “ No, no. That’s just my face.”

I think i have a resting grump face. I’m not sophisticated enough to have rbf.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

"resting pollyanna face"

This leaves me with so many mixed feelings, but overall, I think I like it