Fall Group to finish the year strong! Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• alice_climbs_rocks
    alice_climbs_rocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Weight: 69.5kg
    Goal by 12/31/19: 67kg
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: rock climbing!!!
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: bad habit of snacking and eating sweets between meals
    A Guilty Pleasure: peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich 😋
  • OkieFitness
    OkieFitness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning weigh in: 190.2 :/
    Sunday morning weigh in: 185.6! :)

This 4.6 pound loss is the greatest 24 hour loss I’ve had....EVER! 12 pounds total down since April. The funny thing is? Wasn’t that difficult. No negative results from this huge reduction because I just ate a heckuva lot smarter, made sure I had plenty of protein (apparently extremely important for guys my age), and boy that JNL, 10 minute, whole body fitness DVD is kicking my butt! Another important lesson: At Panera last night older daughter chose to get this near seven HUNDRED calorie cookie with her dinner (yes, I pointed out this was a nuclear-level, unhealthy option). I then asked daughter just to give me a bite and you know what? It WAS enough! (Especially after choosing the apple as one of my sides with my bacon-avacado-blt - other side was a very satisfying broccoli cheddar soup.) So one can indulge now and then - within reason and moderation!

By golly, I’ve got that 170lb goal in the bag! Just need to average about 1.6 pounds per week loss and I’m there!
  • tarynnash
    tarynnash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join in. I'm so happy to see that so many here have set themselves realistic goals! It can be so tempting to aim for something crazy, but that te da to be disheartening in the end.

CW: 196 (Down 19 pounds since July of this year)
    GW by 12/31: 188
    Favorite Calorie Burning: walking my dogs/stationary bike when the weather's not kind
    Biggest Challenge: sticking to a schedule with cooking and such- as it's just me, it's easy to get off track and forgo healthy veg for frozen Aldi sushi. 😬

Guilty Pleasure: rice pudding. Yumm
  • cstein71
    cstein71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Weight:174
    Goal by 12/31/19: 160
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: lap swimming and hiking
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: eating out to often and wine!
    A Guilty Pleasure: Chocolate

Love this and could use some more "friends" for motivation and support...feel free to friend me. I am in my fifties, have been losing and gaining the same 40 lbs forever, have two grown children, one who is getting married next Sept and I have to go dress shopping soon!!! Frightening!!! Trying to stay motivated and commited to healthier eating and excersising everyday...well at least 5 days per week.
  • Wycaoak
    Wycaoak Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Already have been talking about 2020 being my year. Would love to take a full head of steam into the new year. Have 250 to lose, of anyone is on a similar journey or needs another cheerleader, add me!

Weight: 452.8
    Goal by 12/31/19: 410
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: Walking
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: Snacking while making dinner and not logging it and emotional eating.
    A Guilty Pleasure: Pizza and Doughnuts.
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I hope its not too late to jump in:

Weight: 198
    Goal by 12/31/19: 188
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: Crossfit
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: Overeating during the holidays
    A Guilty Pleasure: Pizza & Red Wine
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    ufonut wrote: »
    Saturday morning weigh in: 190.2 :/
    Sunday morning weigh in: 185.6! :)

This 4.6 pound loss is the greatest 24 hour loss I’ve had....EVER! 12 pounds total down since April. The funny thing is? Wasn’t that difficult. No negative results from this huge reduction because I just ate a heckuva lot smarter, made sure I had plenty of protein (apparently extremely important for guys my age), and boy that JNL, 10 minute, whole body fitness DVD is kicking my butt! Another important lesson: At Panera last night older daughter chose to get this near seven HUNDRED calorie cookie with her dinner (yes, I pointed out this was a nuclear-level, unhealthy option). I then asked daughter just to give me a bite and you know what? It WAS enough! (Especially after choosing the apple as one of my sides with my bacon-avacado-blt - other side was a very satisfying broccoli cheddar soup.) So one can indulge now and then - within reason and moderation!

By golly, I’ve got that 170lb goal in the bag! Just need to average about 1.6 pounds per week loss and I’m there!

Wow, that's a large drop, congrats! Way to go with just having a bite of the cookie, I doubt I'd be that strong! I had to laugh at you knowing the calories of the cookie. I try to compute calories in food on the table, it's hard not to after calorie counting for awhile!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope the group is on their way to hitting personal goals. I am slacking on the self-imposed plank challenge. So for the month of November I recruited some like-minded co-workers to join me in the challenge. The one who has the most minutes in planks at the end of November will win a $10 gift card from the others. Fun and not too expensive. There are currently three of us but am trying to get more people involved.

Stats:
    195.0 Starting Weight 08/24/19
    155.0 Ultimate Goal
    180.6 09/30/19
    173.9 10/27/19

My October weight loss goal was 6 pounds. At 6.7 pounds down I am happy I stuck to my guns and kept up with healthy food choices. I feel I have the eating under control. Now it's keeping up with increasing my physical activity. I find it's the hardest thing for me.

As the end of October approaches I am thinking about my November goals. I know I want to enjoy Thanksgiving which is the last week in November this year. :neutral: So instead of sitting around before and after the meal I will have to plan walks and/or some other type of activity. This year the group is planning a traveling meal where one will host appetizers, the next the main meal, and the final desert (all in same development).

Enough from me. Sending positive thoughts to all.
  • shelly0078
    shelly0078 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Weight 10/28/19: 184.5 lbs

I'm down 1.5lbs this week, which is a little bit of a surprise. I haven't modified any habits this past week except entering my food intake. I suppose knowing I'm going to have to face what I've eaten maybe has subconsciously led me to make better choices.

Just this afternoon I had to make the decision of having pasta or grilled salmon with veggies for lunch. I chose the salmon.

Here's to making progress. This week I will focus on staying the path and making a checklist of what habits I want to focus on in the coming weeks.
  • pgray007
    pgray007 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    While a bit late to the party, I’m hoping to get back on the wagon and make a good year even better:

Weight:210 (down from 238 at the start of the year)
    Goal by 12/31/19: 198
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: Running and cycling long distances
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: Had a minor cycling spill that broke my pinky, which has kept me away from running and biking for about 6 weeks. Just got back to running and am hoping to hit the stationary bike again soon.
    A Guilty Pleasure: Cocktails and wine. My other nemesis is the “Hey, you just did a massive workout, go ahead and have that double cheeseburger and fries ‘reward’” that turns into a thrice-weekly occurrence and negates all the hard work.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Happy Halloween one and all.

So happy to report I exceeded my October weight-loss goal by 3 pounds! My November goal is a loss of 6 pounds.

Stats:
    155.0 Ultimate Goal
    180.6 09/30/19
    171.6 10/31/19
    165.6 = November Goal

With the holidays right around the corner I am planning out November. Instead of eating/drinking social events I am scheduling yoga and flower arranging classes for myself and/or with friends. Tomorrow, however, I am eating out for the first time since I started my journey. And, I do not care how healthy we try to be most restaurants add more salt and fat than is necessary (that's why it tastes so good!). That said, my friend and I will also be on a shopping expedition so I will be able to get some light activity in throughout the morning/afternoon. I will be working out in the morning too.

I actually feel much better since I took command of my diet and added some exercise. At 55 I am proving most of the naysayers wrong. We can lose weight at the same rate as in our 30s. I am very fortunate to be medication-free and have had no major accidents. But, so many people told me, be prepared for disappointment, it's not going to be as easy, etc. One of my co-workers actually said to me, jokingly, when I started showing some loss, oh, I hate you. Hm, jealous? I talked to her later and let her know the statement was unbecoming and reminded her how supportive I was when she was trying to live a healthier lifestyle and celebrated her losses with her. Now that I am typing this out I think it was more of her describing herself since she put back over half of her weight loss in less than two months. It's a reminder that we all are on our own paths and we must own our own choices. Who knows what life will throw at me in the coming months. I must plan for those days!

It's my hope everyone is meeting or exceeding their goals. I am looking forward to reading about everyone's progress!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Happy Halloween one and all.

So happy to report I exceeded my October weight-loss goal by 3 pounds! My November goal is a loss of 6 pounds.

Stats:
    155.0 Ultimate Goal
    180.6 09/30/19
    171.6 10/31/19
    165.6 = November Goal

With the holidays right around the corner I am planning out November. Instead of eating/drinking social events I am scheduling yoga and flower arranging classes for myself and/or with friends. Tomorrow, however, I am eating out for the first time since I started my journey. And, I do not care how healthy we try to be most restaurants add more salt and fat than is necessary (that's why it tastes so good!). That said, my friend and I will also be on a shopping expedition so I will be able to get some light activity in throughout the morning/afternoon. I will be working out in the morning too.

I actually feel much better since I took command of my diet and added some exercise. At 55 I am proving most of the naysayers wrong. We can lose weight at the same rate as in our 30s. I am very fortunate to be medication-free and have had no major accidents. But, so many people told me, be prepared for disappointment, it's not going to be as easy, etc. One of my co-workers actually said to me, jokingly, when I started showing some loss, oh, I hate you. Hm, jealous? I talked to her later and let her know the statement was unbecoming and reminded her how supportive I was when she was trying to live a healthier lifestyle and celebrated her losses with her. Now that I am typing this out I think it was more of her describing herself since she put back over half of her weight loss in less than two months. It's a reminder that we all are on our own paths and we must own our own choices. Who knows what life will throw at me in the coming months. I must plan for those days!

It's my hope everyone is meeting or exceeding their goals. I am looking forward to reading about everyone's progress!

Well done you have done amazing, I too am on target this month I believe we can all do it if we stay strong and focus on our own goals and not compare ourselves with others. Good luck for next months goal.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    You all are doing amazing!

I hit two big goals last Friday: being 100lbs down from my highest after back surgery and finding out my A1C was low enough to go off diabetes medication. I'm in my weight range goal so I started eating some more exercise calories back and my weight shot up! I'll keep it up for a bit and see what happens, though it sucks to see bigger numbers on the scale!

Goals for November are to keep upping elliptical incline, bike resistance, and up weights. Food-wise it's find a balance as far as calories go.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    You all are doing amazing!

I hit two big goals last Friday: being 100lbs down from my highest after back surgery and finding out my A1C was low enough to go off diabetes medication. I'm in my weight range goal so I started eating some more exercise calories back and my weight shot up! I'll keep it up for a bit and see what happens, though it sucks to see bigger numbers on the scale!

Goals for November are to keep upping elliptical incline, bike resistance, and up weights. Food-wise it's find a balance as far as calories go.

Congratulations! Wow, a 100-pound loss and regaining your mobility after back surgery! Great news on the A1C. Keep up the great work!
  • cgayle0478
    cgayle0478 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weight: 211
    Goal by 12/31/19: 203
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: walking/jogging/weight
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: chronic frozen shoulder pain, dissatisfaction with job, plus a lot of sitting.
    A Guilty Pleasure: on the healthy side: new fitness gear; also like natural vanilla topped with brownie or fresh strawberries.

I was 183 Jan 2018 to May 2018; now I am up again. Hoping to get my body back again.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Weight: 143
    Goal by 12/31/19: 138
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: brisk walking
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: retired in May so need to keep myself busier
    A Guilty Pleasure: my sweet tooth gives me countless :(

I'm definitely in! I need this extra boost of motivation, especially with all the goodies during the holidays that are offered. I've only been active here for a few days but it's keeping my highly accountable!!
  • Sjb053
    Sjb053 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weight 183 lbs
    Goal 12-31-19’165
    Favorite calorie burning activity. Walking
    Biggest challenge to meeting goals emotional eating, love all carbs especially sugar
    Guilty pleasure sweet treats
  • amn0619
    amn0619 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Update - weight 145.5 as of this morning. Yay 😊

Weight: 146.6
    Goal by 12/31/19: 138
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: boot camp/HIIT class at my gym
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: binge eating. I tend to do well counting calories for a while, lose weight, then get that "restriction" mindset and start bingeing again. Will allow more calories per day than in the past, knowing weight loss will be slower but hopefully more sustainable.
    A Guilty Pleasure: too many shows I'm in to on Netflix right now
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi, let's do it! Philippians 4:13
    Weight: 112 (lost 26 pounds before drunk driver accident)
    Goal by 12/31/19: 109 (high school weight)
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: kickboxing and weightlifting
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: Got hit by a drunk driver totalled my car at 90mph on freeway slamming my car into the center divider so no kickboxing nor weightlifting till physical therapy sessions end in 10 weeks and emotional overeating.
    A Guilty Pleasure:
    Movie marathons with salty, crunchy, savory, and/or sweet varieties of treats.
    Rewards along the way:
    "New" thrift store outfits
    Let's go!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @SuziQ113 thank you so much!

@epangili so sorry to hear about your accident, what a frightening experience! I hope therapy is going well and you have a quick recovery.