Fall Group to finish the year strong! Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello one and all.
    This group seems to be getting smaller as we get closer to the end of December. Maybe everyone is busy with holiday craziness. We have "lost" our leader. I have messaged him twice with no reply. I hope he and his family is OK.

It has been a little challenging with all of the food and events going on. I have been slipping with the diet and water. I have also been slacking with the exercise. On most days I am getting 6000 steps in but I have not been making sure I get weight training completed. I will say by making sure I am recording everything I eat and making sure I visit MFP every day keeps me aware and I am not going as "crazy" as I would have last year.

Stats
    SW - 08/24/19: 195.0
    EW - 11/30/19: 166.4
    CW - 12/14/19: 164.6

Scale is still moving in the right direction; albeit slowly. :)

Hope everyone is in a good place.
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Running the gauntlet of Christmas meals and treats is difficult 😩
    Scales have stopped moving at the moment. Will get back on it!
    Keep it up!!
    😁💪🏼😁
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    I noticed this group is pretty quiet too! It's a tough time of year with holidays and gloomy weather. Suzi, way to go in your loss! Chris, maintaining is a win too!

I'm still working on maintaining my weight. The scale went up even though I'm working out and only upped my calories by a few hundred. I've decided not to weigh for the rest of the year as it was really getting me down. I can afford to gain a little as I think I was too skinny, just would prefer it to be muscle and not fat! Trying my best to eat right, keep food interesting, and stay in routine even though I'm not "feeling it" right now, it's the worst slump I've been through this year.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    My weight seems to jump all over the place. It was 136 within the past week, down to 134.5, this a.m. 135.5. Hard to keep it to one number. :/
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    My weight seems to jump all over the place. It was 136 within the past week, down to 134.5, this a.m. 135.5. Hard to keep it to one number. :/

Seems like your body is saying "maintenance". :smile: I cannot recall your height and GW. As I get closer to goal I am finding the same thing (I have 10 more pounds to go). I will also say I have gotten sloppy with measuring my food and getting regularly scheduled work outs in. And, of course, tasting quite a few things (it's that time of year) without being aware of portions. That said, my plan is to get back on track this week, measure and stop tasting everything so I will not feel bad Christmas week. Then, it's back to normalcy.

Hope you're doing well. Did you check out the other group I told you about? Lots of support there.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »

Seems like your body is saying "maintenance". :smile: I cannot recall your height and GW. As I get closer to goal I am finding the same thing (I have 10 more pounds to go). I will also say I have gotten sloppy with measuring my food and getting regularly scheduled work outs in. And, of course, tasting quite a few things (it's that time of year) without being aware of portions. That said, my plan is to get back on track this week, measure and stop tasting everything so I will not feel bad Christmas week. Then, it's back to normalcy.

Hope you're doing well. Did you check out the other group I told you about? Lots of support there.

Hi SuziQ(I actually have a sister-in-law named Suzie, we call her SuzieQ :))!
    I had my goal at 138, saw that come and go, so changed my goal to 135. I'm 5'9" so I'm sure this weight works okay for me but as I said in another post somewhere, it's difficult to not keep trying to lose just 1 more, or 2 more. KWIM? Besides, I was hoping to kinda pre-lose before I had a couple really bad cheat days come Christmas and just added it back on. :blush:
    I did check out that other thread but felt weird hopping in, in mid Dec. so will start their January motivation thread right from the beginning. )
    Thanks so much SQ, good luck with your last 10 lbs! I think it's a good time of year to call it good if we can maintain our weight where it is, and have a little enjoyment around the buffet tables this time of year. THEN start a New Year in a strong frame of mind.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »

Hi SuziQ(I actually have a sister-in-law named Suzie, we call her SuzieQ :))!
    I had my goal at 138, saw that come and go, so changed my goal to 135. I'm 5'9" so I'm sure this weight works okay for me but as I said in another post somewhere, it's difficult to not keep trying to lose just 1 more, or 2 more. KWIM? Besides, I was hoping to kinda pre-lose before I had a couple really bad cheat days come Christmas and just added it back on. :blush:
    I did check out that other thread but felt weird hopping in, in mid Dec. so will start their January motivation thread right from the beginning. )
    Thanks so much SQ, good luck with your last 10 lbs! I think it's a good time of year to call it good if we can maintain our weight where it is, and have a little enjoyment around the buffet tables this time of year. THEN start a New Year in a strong frame of mind.

I am just under 5'9" with a medium frame and if I get much below 155 people start asking me if I am sick. In my 20s I looked good lower than that - but now.......I guess I will see how I look and feel when I hit my initial "goal".

Glad you checked out the group. At the end of the month Barbara starts another thread and provides a link so be sure to check for it (usually the 30th or 31st). All are welcome and as you can see are from many backgrounds and places within their journeys. Just jump in when you are comfortable. I think she has been keeping the group going for 7 years so it's always active.

Yes, I agree. If we can "maintain" during this time of year it is a win. :)
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Well, it seems I am the last person standing. As most I have fallen in to the "holiday excuse". Oh, too tired, oh, too rushed, oh, too many temptations. I can say by recording everything I have not fallen completely off the wagon. And, by starting my lifestyle changes at the end of August was actually good timing because I still haven't met goal and by watching the progress graph it reminds me of my goals.

I will not make my goal of six pounds this month which I thought was a little aggressive given the holidays. So here is where I am at this week.

Stats
    CW - 12/22/19: 163.4

Current results are not too shabby considering I have not be keeping up with my exercise plan and have been eating my share of holiday goodies. Today I am baking some cookies to give as gifts. My chocolate chips are my weakness. I am really going to attempt to stay away from the batter! And, have decided instead of making giant cookies I am going to make two to three bite ones.

Hopefully people are still visiting this string - if not I do not mind ending it solo. Remember by staying true to ourselves we are more likely to reach our goals. Keeping visiting MFP, record all intake, try to stay active, and be kind to yourself. A slip is not a fall - it is a slip!

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas, a bright Hanukkah, a peaceful Kwanzaa, a great Festivus, or any or none of the above. :smiley:
  • Chris_J99
    Options
    I am still here too!
    Not going to hit my target but still trying to keep on track with all the festive food around!
    😁💪🏼😁
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    I am still here too!
    Not going to hit my target but still trying to keep on track with all the festive food around!
    😁💪🏼😁

Stay strong.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Hi Suzi and Chris! I'm still here too! Today was my first day indulging in holiday treats, I made, decorated, and ate a bunch of cookies with my nephews. I worked out for 3 hours today so I may be even calorie-wise. I'm still working on maintaining my weight. I've been able to stay under calories and work out every day this month. I was feeling down and slacking on weights but have been back to getting in the gym. I'm taking a break from the scale but am hoping it's not up too high when I get on it on the 1st! A little gain is ok but hopefully not more than a few lbs.

Happy holidays to you all!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Hi Kat, Chris, and Reenie!

Oh, yesterday was a total food, drink, sweet bomb of a day! Up 1.6 pounds!!!!! I know this is temporary just like it was a temporary "lose my mind day".

I am looking forward to easing back in to my routine today. My body is certainly craving better choices and I am looking forward to making some roasted acorn squash and brussel sprouts for dinner. I am certainly not hungry this morning so maybe an egg white omelet for lunch.

I have also been thinking of my goals for 2020. On another board someone suggested 20 for 2020 which I think is a great idea. I have been working upon mine and need to finish that up in the next day or so.

Hope you're all doing fine and getting back/staying on track!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Hi Suzi!

Acorn squash with brussel sprouts sounds awesome! My body started craving healthier options too, having my lunch salad was a relief!

I went over 1000 calories Christmas Eve, day, and my nephew's movie and pizza party day. Yesterday it was great to get back on track and not eat a bunch of sugar, working out after 2 days felt awesome! I like savory food but love sweets, I ate a ton of cookies and dessert. I got a few chocolates in my stocking but haven't touched them in 48 hours, a record for me! I keep treats out of the house!

Are you in Fit2Fat? I did 20 for 2020 there. I'm still doing 5 for 90, only a few more days to go! Im not weighing until January but look like I've maintained which was my goal, I may be up after the holidays. Share your goals for the new year when you come up with them! Mine is to maintain, up my fitness, and become a better cook.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Hi Suzi!

Acorn squash with brussel sprouts sounds awesome! My body started craving healthier options too, having my lunch salad was a relief!

I went over 1000 calories Christmas Eve, day, and my nephew's movie and pizza party day. Yesterday it was great to get back on track and not eat a bunch of sugar, working out after 2 days felt awesome! I like savory food but love sweets, I ate a ton of cookies and dessert. I got a few chocolates in my stocking but haven't touched them in 48 hours, a record for me! I keep treats out of the house!

Are you in Fit2Fat? I did 20 for 2020 there. I'm still doing 5 for 90, only a few more days to go! Im not weighing until January but look like I've maintained which was my goal, I may be up after the holidays. Share your goals for the new year when you come up with them! Mine is to maintain, up my fitness, and become a better cook.

Hi Kat.
    Not on the Fit2Fat or is it Fat2Fit? :smile: I am very close to goal which I expect to hit near the end of January, early February. I have a little less than 10 pounds to go to hit my first goal. I may lose more from there depending upon how I look and feel. Although people are starting to say I look great where I am at now. Of course that's with clothes on - lol! Once I hit goal I will really start working upon definition. Right now exercise is contained to mostly cardio with light weights.

Most of my goals for 2020 are financial and home-related. I plan upon paying off all of my debts including my town home and getting savings bulked up. Also planning on taking a "real" vacation since it has been a few years. I need a new car which will add to the debt. I am currently driving a 2003 and I think it's time to get some new wheels. :wink: There are some others such as continuing with getting ride of clutter around the house and things I no longer need or want.

Retirement is getting close and over the next few years I am planning on how that will look and feel for me. I am thinking about various income streams so I do not have the retirement my parents had which was quite limiting due to lack of finances.

I have been weighing in every day since I have a tendency to over-indulge. It's going to be something I will have to do the rest of my life as well as recording all intake. This is my third go around with losing the same 40-50 pounds. And, it always creeps back when I stop recording my food.

It will be interesting to see how many of this group logs in to update everyone as to where they ended 2019. I am certainly down from my 2018 ending weight.

Happy New Year!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I wasn't going to step on my scale until NYD. :) Even then I'm leery that I'll be back to where I wanted to be. The way I over-indulged during Christmas week was shameful. My original goal when this thread opened was 138. I'll be happy to be there. :/ I had gotten down to 134-135(my scale, or maybe it's me, is very unpredictable).
    Keeping my fingers crossed. But that's okay if I didn't hit goal; I'm back at it now and that's what counts. :)
    Nice to put a face to your name Suzie!
    Good luck to everyone still here!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Hello Finish Strong Team!

I am up before the crack of dawn - nothing unusual here. I am hoping to be able to get a few hours in before I have to log in to work. I decided it would be a great day to work remote. It allows me to get a ton of work done and maybe some laundry or grocery shopping at lunch.

I set a lofty goal for December knowing that I would probably not hit it. This was due in part to the holidays but also where I am at in relation to my goal and how my body and I live within my lifestyle changes. I know I have gotten sloppy with measuring intake, especially with calorie-dense items such as butter (yes, I still use it) and oils.

I am actually happy to report I am down 3.4 pounds for the month of December (goal was 6). Considering I lost my mind the week prior and the week of Christmas I do not think the loss is too shabby.

Stats
    EW - 12/31/19: 163.0

My initial goal is certainly within reach and I am looking forward to hitting that near the end of January/beginning of February (155 seems to look good on me). I have set my personal 2020 goals and am looking forward to leaving this year behind. Health goals for 2020 include getting down to goal weight, really start working upon body definition, and getting caught up with all of my doctor's appointments.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the team has fared.

For those of you who may be interested there is a yoga event tomorrow morning that is being streamed to quite a few countries and States. I think you have to register to the site (no cost) in order to get the live stream. For me it's going to be a great way to start the New Year! Leslie Glickman is a very dynamic person - I signed up and receive her monthly emails which are very life affirming.
    https://www.somethingbigyoga.com/

Wishing all the brightest of the New Year!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Weight: 143
    Goal by 12/31/19: 138
    Favorite Calorie Burning Activity: brisk walking
    Biggest Challenge to meeting your Goals: retired in May so need to keep myself busier
    A Guilty Pleasure: my sweet tooth gives me countless :(

I'm definitely in! I need this extra boost of motivation, especially with all the goodies during the holidays that are offered. I've only been active here for a few days but it's keeping my highly accountable!!

I got brave and weighed myself this a.m. I figure between Nov-Dec. there was about 8 days where I didn't count calories at all, several of those days I probably exceeded well over 5000 calories. Desserts add up so fast. :/ But I am 137 this a.m. and "back at it"! Technically I made the original goal. :)

Looking forward to starting off the New Year with a January challenge!!! I'd love to lose 3 lbs. during the next month and see no major obstacles except my sticktoitiveness. :)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Well, I sure can't say I finished the year strong. I've been on a slow increase since the beginning of October. My one success is the rate has decreased since early to mid November, so maybe I actually did BETTER through the holidays. That would be a success.

I started the year strong. After a slow increase in the fourth quarter of 2018, I ended the year just a bit over my goal RANGE of 140-150. By the end of March, I was back at my goal weight and in the low end of my maintenance range. I bounced around, up and down, but still in my maintenance range until the end of the third quarter, and then.... My question to myself is whether or not I will finish the first quarter of 2020 strong. That's my new goal.

g2x9bgcd57mx.png
  • Katmary71
    Options
    LOL Suzi, it's Fat2Fit, the opposite way is definitely not what I want!

I'm so excited for you, you're almost at goal! I think you should start lifting now, it makes a big difference. I started with about 20lbs to go. I'm a fellow cardio lover but weights have definitely made the difference in my muscle tone. Glad you're getting good feedback!

Rennie Good luck weighing! I knew I'd eat sweets with the holidays but overdid it on appetizers. Dinners weren't too bad. I hope you're pleasantly surprised!

Rennie and Suzi, congratulations on your weigh ins!

Mtaratoot I hope your weigh in goes well!
    My goal was to maintain. I started getting real stressed when the scale went up when I increased calories so I've decided not to weigh for a bit. I'm happy for the most part with how I look. I've been switching up workouts and plan to continue. I was in a mental slump but started making more recipes and went back to picking up produce I've never had to try to keep things interesting, plus started a bunch of vegetable and herb seeds on my grow table. The 2nd is a year since I committed to my health.

Are we going to start a January thread?
  • Chris_J99
    Options
    Happy New Year!
    My goal was 190 and today I am 196. Down from my starting point in September 💪🏼
    Roll on 2020 😁💪🏼❤️