Rock & a hard place

Options
FitDiva1993
FitDiva1993 Posts: 36 Member
edited October 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I’m getting frustrated because I really just want to focus on putting on muscle at this point but I still have some lower belly fat. My waist is a 28.5 and the area around my belly button is 31.5. I’ve lost 60 pounds (weighing 153 at 5”7 down from 212) . I got down here in August but then decided to try bulking/recomp..I was making gains but felt uncomfortable because I still had some belly lower belly fat and didn’t want to add to it. (I gained 5 pounds) I stopped doing that and went back on a deficit, now I’m back down to 153 and had a goal of getting down to 145 and starting a bulk but who knows if the lower belly fat will be gone by then. I’m just getting so tired of being on a deficit of any kind when I could be making gains. My bum sticks out now and it didn’t before lol, so I want to keep increasing it. I’m thinking of trying recomp again when I get to 150. I just want all of my belly fat completely gone but I want to make more booty gains cuz it’s growing . Any advice ?

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Didn't you post almost the exact same thread a few months back? Or was it someone with a very similar user name?
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    To add: I recomped for 2 years at around 140 and 5 ft 8.5. I saw some muscular gain particularly top half of my body. But I had and still have belly fat. Having a flat stomach isn’t a realistic thing for me. But I’ve decided to cut a little bit more then bulk slowly. Precisely because I gain first round the belly.