Can you sleep while hungry?

Options
124»

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    This is another “unlikely, but just in case” comment, but I recall people saying that they had eaten junk food before bed when this happened to them. In my case, it may have had something to do with scrapey food. One time I got into a bunch of prepackaged rice krispy treats leftover from Halloween and woke up in the night with severe hunger pains. This last time it happened, I had a pile of croutons late in the day. It think it happened one other time with Doritos. In your case OP, I can’t see that you’d be eating “scrapey” foods continually. Unless you’re including the old diet standby of rice cakes.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I already deal with discomfort between my back and hip, plus anxiety. If I go to bed even a bit hungry I’m not going to sleep. Something warm and a bit heavy about an hour before bed is usually enough. Week nights are easy: I usually make more food than I can fit in my thermos for work so I log the entire meal made, and whatever doesn’t fit I put in a seperate dish to reheat about an hour before bed. I’ve noticed the nights this happens Fitbit reports higher sleep scores and I tend to feel more energized the next day, so I’m sticking to pre-bed snacks. :)
  • bb_twins
    bb_twins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m about to right now lol. Ive been 200-300 under my calorie goal
    Almost every day for a couple of weeks and I think it’s caught up to me; my stomach is growling 2 hours post meal. ALL DAY.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    bb_twins wrote: »
    Almost every day for a couple of weeks and I think it’s caught up to me; my stomach is growling 2 hours post meal. ALL DAY.

Why not eat something? Your mfp calorie goal already includes the deficit you requested, there's no good reason to consistently eat measurably less.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It’s 1:58AM and this is happening to me right now. Stomach is roaring, and I’m craving scrambled eggs with melted cheese on top.

As you can see, I’m here to distract myself.
    She’s gonna wait till the morning.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I can’t sleep when I’m hungry and I also find that a couple of crackers before bed can sometimes help me fall asleep if I’m having issues. With that said, I do go through periods when I feel “hunger” grumbling all the time, sometimes to the point that it wakes me up. I figured out that when this starts happening it’s actually becaise I’m producing extra stomach acid and if I do a 14 day course of Prevacid or Prilosec OTC it will go away. I’m not sure what sets it off but I do know it’s twarted some attempts at weightloss.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    bb_twins wrote: »

You're not supposed to consistently leave that many calories on the table. Have a snack and enjoy!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hungry? Yes. Stuffed? No.