Intermittent fasting

Options
So its settled guys and gals. I made up my mind. I’m not going to do the Keto-diet. Lol
I did some more research and I believe I will be doing the intermittent fasting. 16:8. Im excited. I actually started today.
Lets see how this goes. I also will be pairing It with some exercise in the morning.

Wish me luck! 🤞🏼😇

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are you sure? Losing weight takes a calorie deficit. It is counting calories for weight control.
  • CardinalComb
    CardinalComb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    IF without cutting carbs will be hard. You will crave food all day long.
  • Usman70lbs
    Usman70lbs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing IF with 15:9
    I usually stop eating by 5/6pm and restart at about 8/9am. Waking up with a headache and trying to drag myself out of bed is the least favourite part for me.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    I fast for 20 hours a day and eat 60-65% carbs. No problems at all.

I've thought of doing this. Do you just eat one large meal? How do you get all your calories and macros in just 4 hours? Thanks!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    mom2kpr wrote: »
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    I fast for 20 hours a day and eat 60-65% carbs. No problems at all.

I've thought of doing this. Do you just eat one large meal? How do you get all your calories and macros in just 4 hours? Thanks!

I can fill all of my calories and nutrition in 90 minutes. I would not try to do it. For me it just happened because I don't eat breakfast anyway and I was eating less at night because it helped my acid reflux. Eventually I realized I could not eat at all or just eat a small snack so now almost all of my calories are consumed at lunch.

I think the advantage is minor and the downside may be a protein absorption limit. One of these days I need to see the science behind that to see if it is true or not.

• haydee_cruz1
    haydee_cruz1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    U all are very inspiring. Please add me lol. I need accountability partners in this journey. I will continue to give updates as to how i did within the morning and the whole day in general. This helps me keep accountable.