Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Intermittent fasting

Options
So its settled guys and gals. I made up my mind. I’m not going to do the Keto-diet. Lol
I did some more research and I believe I will be doing the intermittent fasting. 16:8. Im excited. I actually started today.
Lets see how this goes. I also will be pairing It with some exercise in the morning.

Wish me luck! 🤞🏼😇

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    Are you sure? Losing weight takes a calorie deficit. It is counting calories for weight control.
  • CardinalComb
    CardinalComb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    IF without cutting carbs will be hard. You will crave food all day long.
  • Usman70lbs
    Usman70lbs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing IF with 15:9
    I usually stop eating by 5/6pm and restart at about 8/9am. Waking up with a headache and trying to drag myself out of bed is the least favourite part for me.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    I fast for 20 hours a day and eat 60-65% carbs. No problems at all.

I've thought of doing this. Do you just eat one large meal? How do you get all your calories and macros in just 4 hours? Thanks!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    mom2kpr wrote: »
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    I fast for 20 hours a day and eat 60-65% carbs. No problems at all.

I've thought of doing this. Do you just eat one large meal? How do you get all your calories and macros in just 4 hours? Thanks!

I can fill all of my calories and nutrition in 90 minutes. I would not try to do it. For me it just happened because I don't eat breakfast anyway and I was eating less at night because it helped my acid reflux. Eventually I realized I could not eat at all or just eat a small snack so now almost all of my calories are consumed at lunch.

I think the advantage is minor and the downside may be a protein absorption limit. One of these days I need to see the science behind that to see if it is true or not.

• haydee_cruz1
    haydee_cruz1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    U all are very inspiring. Please add me lol. I need accountability partners in this journey. I will continue to give updates as to how i did within the morning and the whole day in general. This helps me keep accountable.