Beginning Nov 1, 2019, the free version of the diary will only save data for last two years

Options
Thanks to @boldknee for mentioning this to me - I was not otherwise alerted to it so thought I would start a thread.

https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034402872-The-free-version-of-the-diary-will-only-save-data-for-last-two-years?withinApp=true

Beginning Nov 1, 2019, MyFitnessPal users have a two year look-back on their diary data. While data older than two years will no longer be accessible (including food, exercise and water entries), you will continue to have the last two years of your diary entries. You will still have access to all other information on your account including your weight and other measurements logged.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,940 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    That's very unfortunate. I DO look back at very old entries :/ I vote for the idea for the chance to export everything easily before the access is disabled.

This seems to indicate that whatever report you chose to Export you will get additional data as well. I've done a test export but haven't received my email yet.

https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032273352-Data-Export-FAQs#h_1e4e3565-3b38-4e1c-a1b6-d8de93be4286

...We send you three different files enclosed within your zip file.
    • Meal Level Nutrition Details - Calories, Macro And Micronutrients of logged foods summarized at the meal level
    • Progress History - Logged measurement entries such as weight, neck, waist and hip measurements.
    • Exercise History​ - Individual workouts, along with steps counts and all daily calorie burns (if you are using a tracker)​
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,940 Member
    Options
    imvandeen wrote: »
    I'd like a chance to be able to export & save my data as well.

I know that other people who I have inspired to use the MFP tool have benefited from being able to see where I started from & what I ate & how I exercised to get to where I am now.

I'd also like to know if I became a premium member at a later date would the info be available again?

NB Just tried to export everything now & see that feature is locked except for premium members already :-(

Hmm, I'm not getting any indication that it is locked already. I do get a promo for Premium afterwards, but it's not clear that I need to upgrade first. Of course, I haven't received my data yet.

37242a9cc72b8cd0248776e0b7a504d0.png

6cee5b36d27552821c091981d2aafe60.png
  • imvandeen
    imvandeen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I know that other people who I have inspired to use the MFP tool have benefited from being able to see where I started from & what I ate & how I exercised to get to where I am now.

I'd also like to know if I became a premium member at a later date would the info be available again?

NB Just tried to export everything now & see that feature is locked except for premium members already :-(

Hmm, I'm not getting any indication that it is locked already. I do get a promo for Premium afterwards, but it's not clear that I need to upgrade first. Of course, I haven't received my data yet.

Yep same here :-( the fact that there's a little yellow padlock combined with neither of us receiving the e-mail certainly makes me think it's locked :-|
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

37242a9cc72b8cd0248776e0b7a504d0.png

6cee5b36d27552821c091981d2aafe60.png

The PITA way to go around this on web is to go to Food, and then from your current diary page, scroll down and click “View Full Report”. You can then copy and paste based on a date range.

But you can’t do the full thing at one time, and the period of time you can do in one setting is inconsistent. At one point it was letting me do 4 months at a time, and then in the same evening, it took it to less than a week.

Aka: yet another reason why I won’t pay for premium.