Need to Unload

Options
Hello Everyone. I have used MFP before in conjunction with whatever diet I was following at the time but right now I just need put my feelings on paper and find some motivation to see real results that last. I went to buy a dress last weekend and for the first time in a long time saw myself in a full length mirror and wanted to cry. I was a skinny kid, teen and even through college and my 20s. At 30 its like a switch flipped and for the last 10 years the weight just keeps going up. A few years ago at my highest weight I got a personal trainer for 3 hours a week (Crossfit style workouts) and a nutritionist. I learned a lot and went from 192 down to 167 in a year and I was really fit. For the next 6 months I could not lose another pound. I was frustrated and cut back my training sessions to eventually stopping. Within a year I was heavier than ever up to 220. A year and half ago I tried Keto, I lost 21 pounds but got tired of not eating so many things for so long. Since the summer started I haven't followed anything and am back up to 210. My husband who did Keto with me lost over 50 pounds and has kept it off. I dont know what to do anymore. All the tips I read are things I do already. I have seen a doctor, had full blood work and I have no health issues. My biggest issue is working a job that requires me sitting at my desk 9 hours a day. There is no going out for a walk at lunch - its not allowed. I got a treadmill and for the last month have tried to do 1/2 hour a few evenings a week but no impact on my weight. I cook 90% of our meals at home. I am depressed and embarrassed and do not know what to do.

Replies

• fkennedy5
    fkennedy5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just started last week. I too would have trouble keeping weight off over the years. I think you have to be totally honest with yourself and when you are finally in the right frame of mind, start again. Cut your calories, get back to the gym and aim for goals. Hope you get the motivation to a slimmer you!!
  • stringrea
    stringrea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just restarted MFP last week. I don't even know how many times I have given up. I totally agree with everyone. It does take being really honest with yourself about calories in. I feel so motivated right now, and I am really hoping to maintain this attitude so I can make this the last time. Be kind to yourself. Never give up!
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to add to the great advice you've gotten already. I would say that you should look at this as a lifestyle change. So choose things you'll be able to maintain over a long period of time. Don't follow fads. If keto doesn't work for you, then don't do it. Use MFP to count your calories. Pick exercises you enjoy doing & as you lose weight, you'll be more inclined to add more challenging workouts to your regimen.

Good luck on your journey! You've got this!
  • CarlOconnor2015
    CarlOconnor2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So im a plumber and before my diet i was easily doing 3000+ calories a day it was too easy to stop of at a shop and get hot pasties or takeaway so what i do now is have breakfast which i wasnt having before so ill habe porridge with honey and at my 10am breal i make a small box up with half a red pepper carrots cucumber and other veg and fruit and that keeps me going till my 1pm break which ill have either rice and chicken with loads of veg or ill jave a stir fry with veg in between this im drinking a letre of water main thing is not to cut all unhealthy things out i have jellys that are 1calorie which are a nice snack or get the 90 calorie brownies and carrot cake bites in asda rice cakes are good aswell
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'll friend you. We can do this! :flowerforyou: