How do I start weight training.....

Options
Hi everyone,
Right I’m fed up, I’m skinny but not toned. It’s like I’m skinny fat, I have no muscle definition. I also feel weak and tired. I’d like to start weight training, if I do too much cardio the weight just drops off again. My question is where do I start ? x

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the stickies at the top - there’s a helpful thread on which lifting programme is best 👍
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the stickies at the top - there’s a helpful thread on which lifting programme is best 👍

This one. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    shelamy85 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Right I’m fed up, I’m skinny but not toned. It’s like I’m skinny fat, I have no muscle definition. I also feel weak and tired. I’d like to start weight training, if I do too much cardio the weight just drops off again. My question is where do I start ? x

My suggestion would be to first visit a few gyms, they’ll give you a walk through. Choose the one you like the most and book an appointment with a trainer. You can read all you want and you will learn, but most people learn by doing and most trainers love what they do so, go meet one. The first visit doesn’t cost very much either. Ask if a trainer could show you how to use the machines while giving you a workout, have them give you a copy of the exercises you do during that visit or keep track of them yourself so that you can do them later. Good luck, you can do it!
  • shelamy85
    shelamy85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone xx