Planet fitness. Y/n?

Options
13»

Replies

• siriuslestrange1
    siriuslestrange1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    All of the PFs near me have tons of cardio machines, tons of weight machines and HUGE free weight areas! There are always lots of people using the free weights. I myself haven't tried any of them, but from what I see, there are dumbbells, hand weights and the curved dumbbells for standing curls. There are definitely weights about 50lbs too. I went over and scanned once and saw hand weights up to 110lbs and dumbbells up to 250!!!

I work better with the machines for weights and cardio, so I love PF! I personally prefer the "not serious" vibe. Of course there are still people that stand there and make faces and say stuff, but that's going to be everywhere.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I like it, go there 5 days a week. The one close to me has free weights and a ton of cardio machines. Also has a 30 minute circuit room, 15 minute ab room, tanning and massage chairs. The thing about PF is they are all franchised so they are all a little different.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight there and put on a good bit of muscle. Best job I ever had too.
  • E_Sally
    E_Sally Posts: 5
    Options
    It def works for me lots of free weights etc..I go there 6 days a week =]
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I've been going for about a month and love it. My gym has free weights but thankfully not a lot of muscle heads. If that makes it a "starter gym", I'm ok with that. There is never a wait for cardio machines or weight machines. They have a personal trainer that will meet with you and help you design a workout as part of the membership. Who cares if they lure people with pizza and bagels?
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The one I go to has free weights, cardio machines, 30 minute circuit room, 15 minute ab room, stretching area, plus weight machines, tanning and massage chairs. The only time I have to wait is if I go right at 5:30pm, everyone is on the treadmills. I've never had a problem with the free food, I just don't eat it. The only time the "lunk" alarm goes off is if someone drops their weights at the end of a lift. I like the gym which is a plus cause it's all I can afford.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Eh, I like cheaper gyms, because I only go to use weights and cardio machines every now and then. I don't need a "great" gym, I just need one with stuff in it.

Fits the bill. I've used them when I'm out of town. Didn't hate it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is WONDERFUL! Open 24/7, and lots of equipment. Friendly staff, and they do have trainers to help you - look for the schedule at the front desk.

Nice try, Planet Fitness PR rep

You sound like a conspiracy theorist...

...although I suspect you're right in this instance...
  • Owligator
    Owligator Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been going to Planet Fitness on and off for at least four years now. I work weekends and during the week so getting to the gym after doing crossfit doesn't always happen. I don't feel horrible if I don't get there because it is only 10 bucks a month. This might hurt my chances of getting there but I do work out on my own as well. The staff is friendly and they do have a lot to offer, just wish they had exercise classes! The hours are convenient, wish I could find a gym near me that's open late weekends but that'll probably never happen.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    lol @ people that think you must to do compound lifts and no machines to put on size.

PF is just fine. It would be nice if they had bigger dbs and no lunk alarm