Ladies with Garmins - pics please?

2»

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    I’ve recently purchased a Garmin Instinct and yes it’s about the size of a regular watch.
    My wrists are about 7 inches in circumference so I’m not particularly dainty.

Oooh, the Instinct is what I eventually want to get!

I did go back for the $30 vivosmart3, fits me so much better than the Fitbit... the band is much more comfortable as well (softer, narrower). It’s taking some getting used to for starting and stopping activities, and slowly figuring out the notifications... it kept buzzing me for various reasons! Step wise it isn’t as sensitive as the FitBit, pros and cons to that. It didn’t add brushing teeth to my daily count (for some reason I use my non dominant hand, never thought much about it until DH pointed it out), but then again while up fixing dinner the other night it buzzed me with the Move! command.3qy69ooxatsg.jpeg
    ws9xqflhn2wf.jpeg

A side by side comparison, and then my wrist compared to the Instinct.

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 593 Member
    edited November 2019
    I wear the Forerunner 645 and I've got tiny wrists and hands. Interestingly, on paper the 645 is the same size as a Fenix 5S, but its design makes it look much smaller when I tried on the two side by side in a Garmin store.
    ocudzc2yl588.jpg

Edit: My Garmin buzzes me all the time when I'm cooking and when I'm at my standing desk. I tell it to shut up lol.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 754 Member
    I can't stand the watches that are meant to be worn all day. I have a Polar watch for activities like running and biking, and I wear a Fitbit One on my brastrap all day for steps (I actually need it for our benefits program at work).
    The One is the best device I have ever had - so of course it is no longer made. >:)

I loved my fitbit one but the damn case it came in was always getting loose and needing replacing so I didn't lose the fitbit one. Eventually I got sick of dealing with that and bought a fitbit Alta which was also good and also quite small but didn't have the elevation function. These days I have a Apple Watch which has elevation again.

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I have the Garmin Vivoactive 2 and tiny wrists. I do t think it's huge. I live my watch.