Calorie Goals???

So I realise this will differ from person to person. However just wondering what goals others typically set for weight loss.

I am 5ft 1 and have 82 pounds to lose. I wear a fitbit everyday religiously which records 2500 calories daily? Should I maybe be looking to set my goal somewhere around 1500 or lower? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the advice :)

Replies

• Claremc87
    Claremc87 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for your response @cmriverside that's a handy article good info to know to get things right :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Claremc87 wrote: »
    So I realise this will differ from person to person. However just wondering what goals others typically set for weight loss.

I am 5ft 1 and have 82 pounds to lose. I wear a fitbit everyday religiously which records 2500 calories daily? Should I maybe be looking to set my goal somewhere around 1500 or lower? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the advice :)

Seems like a good place to start. In about 6 weeks you will want to check your actual results and then if needed you can adjust then.
  • Claremc87
    Yeah I think that's my best bet review/amend as I go and see what works best. Thanks 😊
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    1500 is a perfectly acceptable goal at your height and weight but if you are really struggling at 1500, don’t worry about upping it to 2000 for a couple weeks to ease into the diet changes. You want whatever you are doing to be sustainable.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    You must be pretty active for your Fitbit to record that many calories, so that’s a great start! I’m jealous! 😂

I’m just a little under your height but I have to be on my feet all day and on the move constantly for mine to tip over 1600!

Enjoy your 1500 to 2000 calories a day and good luck! 😊
  • bravobrang
    bravobrang Posts: 1 Member
    I’m just getting started and we both have the same 80 pound goal. We can do this!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    You must be pretty active for your Fitbit to record that many calories, so that’s a great start! I’m jealous! 😂

I’m just a little under your height but I have to be on my feet all day and on the move constantly for mine to tip over 1600!

Are you 82 pounds overweight? Lowered weight diminishes calories by a lot.

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member

Are you 82 pounds overweight? Lowered weight diminishes calories by a lot.

Yes, I realise that, I was just really surprised to see such a clear illustration of just how much difference it does make. I have exactly a stone to go to sit in the middle of the ‘healthy’ BMI range and I’m guessing by the time I get there my maintenance is going to sit around 1450 cals.
  • Claremc87
    bravobrang wrote: »
    I’m just getting started and we both have the same 80 pound goal. We can do this!

100% excited to start my journey 😊 Good luck @bravobrang
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    There’s a calculator for figuring out how many calories you should intake daily google calorie calculator
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited November 2019
    I used http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator to help me calculate my calories while I was losing 80 pounds.

I recalculated after every 10 pounds lost. As you lose weight your calorie intake usually does as well unless you increase your activity level.

There are plenty of other calorie calculators out there too.

Good luck!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    There’s a calculator for figuring out how many calories you should intake daily google calorie calculator

MyFItnessPal has a built in calculator that we can use also.
    Its under your profile in Goals.

• SageJJ93
    SageJJ93 Posts: 96 Member
    1500 calories would be good! I'll send you a request if you dont mind!😁