What is the healthiest breakfast prep that taste good?

Options
mohonkmo
mohonkmo Posts: 2 Member
So I just started meal prep and counting calories and trying to hit my protein goals and such. What are some good, healthy, and tasty breakfast meal prep I can make?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head you could do breakfast sandwiches or breakfast burritos. I actually make a big pot of oatmeal on sundays to eat all week. It's not as good as eating it freshly made but good enough for me.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are popular and so easily and infinitely adaptable to personal taste.

• LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My go-to is EGGS all week long. I eat them for lunch simply because they keep me full all afternoon without adding a pile of calories to my logs and I get the protein I need!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I keep my weekday breakfast simple and it's usually a mix of:
    hardboiled eggs
    greek yogurt
    protein bar
    oatmeal
  • danielspoiala371
    Options
    oat porridge with banana and peanut butter
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I like to do egg cups, lots of different ways to do them! I’ll usually line muffin tins with ham or turkey slices, put a little chopped onion/peppers and a dash of chilli powder, crack an egg in (I like to break the yolk) and top with a little salt and pepper. Bake ‘em for like 20-30 min (until eggs are done). I’ll take 2 to work for a quick breakfast, microwave for like 30 seconds and they’re good to go.

Lots of different egg cups/mini frittata recipes online to keep you inspired and from getting bored.

Just make sure to really grease the muffin tins as the eggs will stick -not as necessary if you’re lining the tins with ham/turkey as hardly any egg touches the pan.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I trie overnight oats this week and really liked them....1/2 cup rolled oats,1/2 cup low fat milk,cinnamon and vanilla and 1 tsp brown sugar....next morning I added sliced berries and 2 tsp sliced almonds....was delicious and filling!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    EGGS. I microwave them 45 seconds in a ramekin (scramble first, put a paper towel over it to hopefully contain messes that sometimes happen). Put on complex carb of choice, mix with veggie of choice. Cheap, surprisingly quick, easy.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Veggie scrambles. Egg bites or muffins. Oatmeal. I've been eating leftovers for breakfast. I've also started making big batches of beans, roasting and cutting up winter squash, and having that with salsa for breakfast. Love soup or chili for the too.
  • pclue
    pclue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do cherry or cherry/blueberry overnight oats most days. So nice to have breakfast ready and waiting. This morning did 1 serving orig Kashi cereal with banana slices and almond milk; coffee. Sometimes do egg and avocado toast. I use 45 calorie Sara Lee bread. Good luck!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Five mornings out of 7 I have oatmeal, either with cinnamon and sliced banana or I chop up an apple and put it into the oatmeal before cooking. I prefer the apple way, so yummy! I also like 1 1/2 egg omelets with spinach and mushrooms, throw in a little shredded cheddar.
  • ChefKimberley
    ChefKimberley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast right now is a couple slices of roast turkey, a sliced up hard boiled egg, a schmeer of avocado and slices of cucumber on top of crisp multi grain toast.
    Under 300 calories and the feeling of satiety lasts longer than with grain/carb loaded breakfasts.
    I drink at least 2 glasses of water (one before/one after) take my supplements, log it and I'm set for a few hours.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't eat keto (far from it), but I like breakfast to be "keto-esk". Every Sunday I get a container of liquid eggs (while I was losing I'd use the substitute, now I buy the whole egg cage free ones), mix in zucchini and onions (chopped), some spices and bake them in muffin cups. I put a serving of pre-cooked turkey sausage with it and put them in sandwich bags. Then I just grab one and I'm on my way to work to microwave it, smother it with hot sauce and enjoy it with a black coffee. Usually a couple hours later I enjoy a serving of berries.

I've noticed if I have bread (muffin, toast, etc) for breakfast, even with protein I'm snackier during the day. So I avoid those things (even if healthy) to maintain my sanity.

Weekends I tend to eat either 3 eggs, or 2 eggs with bacon/sausage. This is when I have to time to prepare and eat a breakfast at home.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I do a Sunday breakfast prep by making my own trail mix. I mix 22 g of almonds, 15 g of granola, and 12 g of roasted edamame (for that protein 😂), making 5 Pre-portioned bags for the week.
  • Steph4spurs
    Steph4spurs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My fave breakfast meal prep starts with 1/2 cup oatmeal and a high performance protein shake to replace milk or water. Then I add in healthy fruit and cinnamon and honey. Filling and less than 400 kcal