I need advise and help on how to lose weight .

Hi my name is Sabrina , i can use advise and help understanding this program a little better .. to lose weight and be heather.

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

These are some of the most helpful posts out there on how to use the platform effectively. Welcome and good luck!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Hello @Sabrina737879

I am fairly new too but what really helped me was reading the pinned threads "most helpful posts" at the top of the "getting started", "General Health,fitness and diet " , "food and nutrition" and "fitness and exercise" forums. They are full of great, basic information on how to start, logging your food, what your calories and goal weight should be etc. Some of them are old but timeless in their advice.

Get a digital kitchen scale and study the threads about how to weigh, measure and log your food. Start logging. It gets easier the more you do it.

Once you've logged your food and see how you feel and how your body responds, you can adjust. Its a long term process and I have found it to be a long learning curve. Its a marathon not a sprint so to speak. Good luck. You can do it.

• kgonsman1
    kgonsman1 Posts: 8 Member
    In my experience, consistency is key. And, if you have a "bad" meal or "bad" day ... start again ... immediately! You got this!