GTFOH

Just_Mel_
Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
As I have been deleted by several friends lately (and I have no idea why), I'm curious....what are some reasons you would toss someone off your friend list?
It's ok if the answers are petty.

Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Extolling the virtues of the Biebz
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    A month or more of inactivity. Too racy of pictures or talk, since my wife is one of my MFP friends and would see it.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    edited November 2019
    You know how you can chat with a person online, get on great, then meet them in person and it just fizzles or they are not at all what they comes across as? Sometimes it's like that when adding someone to your FL. Sometimes it's nothing more than you just aren't each others cup of tea. Also there are those who have this energy that just sucks the life out of you. Another reason is the person has been on a diet for a decade, eats nothing but junk, never exercises, has no consistency but constantly complains about never being able to lose weight. It gets old after a while, listening to the constant complaining. Oh a good one is failed MFP romances.

Then there are the ones who subscribe to the MFP gossip column and delete you versus outright asking for the truth or just not getting involved in the gossip in the first place. Admittedly, I have subscribed before as well as have been a victim of that one. These days I try to stay out of the dramas and gossip.

Finally there is always the possibility that it has nothing to do with you at all. Sometimes, people just check out.

ETA: I find it best to have a small well rounded FL with people that I have some shared interest and connection with.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    As I have been deleted by several friends lately (and I have no idea why), I'm curious....what are some reasons you would toss someone off your friend list?

1. Excessively flirtatious.
    2. Hump day underwear pics.
    3. Missing for several months.
    4. Political and/or religious rants.
    5. Prettier than me.

Gawd, you are going to delete me any day now.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Delete? Most of my friends just stop logging into MFP one day and never come back...
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I delete people who:

1) Add me and don't even bother to introduce themselves or interact.
    2) Post about religion and/or politics constantly.
    3) Make weird suggestive comments and/or send creepy messages.
    4) Are inactive for ages.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited November 2019
    I never feel the need to clean up the friends list over inactivity or annoyingly announce im about to. When i see people do that, then i may consider deleting them....;)

I look at it this way, if someine is inactive, whats the big deal? Its not like their spot on the list blocks a spot for someone else to be a friend. And not posting anything means its impossible for them to be offensive ;). Half of my friends list doesnt post a damn thing and i havent interacted with them as long as i can remember.....its as if they are already deleted. No big deal.....
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    The only reasons I delete people here or elsewhere are:
    • You haven't logged in in over a month
    • You post nothing but religious/political B.S.
    • You're actually a racist/sexist PoS.
    • You made me really, really angry (which is pretty hard to do).
    • FB Specific: You don't make any effort to contact or talk to me, despite my keeping up my end and trying to reach out to you (have deleted many people because of this). Kinda a harsh way to realize someone isn't really a friend and they don't give a *kitten* about you, but it is what it is.
  • AyeRon18
    AyeRon18 Posts: 127 Member
    I def wanna make some sort of connection with people. If it's not there I usually delete them.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The only reasons I delete people here or elsewhere are:
    • You haven't logged in in over a month
    • You post nothing but religious/political B.S.
    • You're actually a racist/sexist PoS.
    • You made me really, really angry (which is pretty hard to do).
    • FB Specific: You don't make any effort to contact or talk to me, despite my keeping up my end and trying to reach out to you (have deleted many people because of this). Kinda a harsh way to realize someone isn't really a friend and they don't give a *kitten* about you, but it is what it is.

Dis me
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »

1. Excessively flirtatious.
    2. Hump day underwear pics.
    3. Missing for several months.
    4. Political and/or religious rants.
    5. Prettier than me.

This.

...... although, for me, #5 pretty much goes without saying.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I delete people who:

3) Make weird suggestive comments and/or send creepy messages.

.... I'm out.

• Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Inactive, political, overly religious, xenophobic, or racists.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member

Whew, not xenomorphic
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    s131951 wrote: »

Whew, not xenomorphic

Took the words right out of all of my mouths
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited November 2019