Newbie question

Options
I just started on my weight loss journey about 3 weeks ago. I started on noom, but decided to switch to MFP, doing low cal. I'm 6'3, and weighed 220.6. I weigh myself every day when I wake up, on the same scale. In the first 2-2.5 weeks, I had lost 6 pounds. In the rest of the time, I have put half of that back on (I was 217 today), despite not going over my calorie goal (except for one day, my bday last week), but rather usually I am a few hundred calories under.
I understand that the first bit of weight is likely water weight, and that weight fluctuates. But if I am eating less calories, can someone explain why my weight would not continue to be going down?
I am not able to do much exercise due to health conditions.
I appreciate anyone's insights..thanks in advance!

Replies

• derek4083
    derek4083 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hmm thanks everyone. The response was overwhelming. 🙄
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    The post below has a number of excellent threads that may be useful to you, if not, are you measuring and weighing everything so that your calorie tracking is fairly accurate?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Three weeks is not much time. At your height, I would think you are not severely overweight, and loss will probably be slow. You need to keep going, and have patience. Give it time, it works as long as you’re eating less calories than your body burns. Weighing, measuring and logging everything you eat and drink, accurately. Exercise isn’t necessary for weight loss, but anything you can do to move more (maybe just short walks) is beneficial, and recommended, for overall health. Patience pilgrim.