RMR

I just went and had my testing metabolic rate tested and it is low as I knew it was but now I have a question. Can I go in and set my calories manually or do I just need to do the math daily?

Also, as an aside, it is highly frustrating to look at the amount of calories I’ll need to eat. Ugh

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Yes, you can set your calories manually. What the system comes up with is the suggested amount based on what you put in, age, height, weight. Also know for women that if you put in anything less than 1200 as a starting point everyday the system will tell you. You are not eating enough and it is unhealthy.

I think the system also asks how long you want to take to lose the weight. We all must remember no matter how much it pains us, that the weight really did arrive in just 3 or 4 months, well for most people. I know that was a tough one for me, to actually put in a realistic number for how long it will take to lose the weight.
  • justMbailey
    justMbailey Posts: 8 Member
    The issue with that system is that it puts me about 250 calories above what I need. I was just hoping I could go in and type in my goal :)
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Yes, you can set your own goal. Just edit the amount and go from there. It’ll then have that amount that you’ve set as your daily goal on your diary page.
  • justMbailey
    Oh yes, with added on calories of course. But my RMR is about 200 calories less than would be expected of my weight and height so the numbers that seem to apply to me (if we were all the same). Is off :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Oh yes, with added on calories of course. But my RMR is about 200 calories less than would be expected of my weight and height so the numbers that seem to apply to me (if we were all the same). Is off :)

You could leave everything as is and instead of choosing a setting that would have you lose 0.5 lbs a week (a -250 deficit), you can choose to "lose" 1lb a week (a -500 deficit), expecting that 200 out of that excess deficit will be going towards the error.
  • justMbailey
    PAV8888 wrote: »

You could leave everything as is and instead of choosing a setting that would have you lose 0.5 lbs a week (a -250 deficit), you can choose to "lose" 1lb a week (a -500 deficit), expecting that 200 out of that excess deficit will be going towards the error.

Not a bad idea! Thank you :)