Over 60 and working it down

Options
I’ve been tracking my diet for a year with minimal success. I’m hoping a community might help.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    What is your height and current weight? What is your goal weight? How much weight did you lose in the year?

How many calories are you eating? Do you exercise at all?

Do you measure / weigh everything before consuming?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    This forum has been hugely helpful for me in just the short time I've been participating. Seeing people who struggle like me, who succeed and some with their failures(dislike that word immensely!), they all have great advice and perseverance to keep on going. The tracking has also helped me stay on course very nicely. So welcome and good luck! You'll get great advice here!
  • staceyevns
    staceyevns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tiptoethruthetulips-
    Thank you for the reply
    I'm 5'8", 222 lbs, I've lost 12 lbs in a year (depressing), My goal is 160-180 before i die. I keep close track of what I each, but don't weigh. I was exercising every-other day with little-to-no success, so I dropped the gym.
  • byroman
    byroman Posts: 75 Member
    Options
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    staceyevns wrote: »
    I’ve been tracking my diet for a year with minimal success. I’m hoping a community might help.

Been on mfp for over five years. Was doing very well but had three ops in past two years so struggling a little,
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    byroman wrote: »

Great read and great advice. Thanks for sharing!

I second getting a scale and weigh everything. I was just using cups and tbsp for the longest time and also lost doing so. However, I too hit a plateau. Got the scale and am now losing again!!