Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    IJP2019 wrote: »
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    If you're triggered by my blunt description of animal products, you will need to figure that out for yourself. I am not in control of that....but it triggered you for a reason.

They are an accurate description of animal products, not inflammatory....I assume that you rather they are labelled to something more appealing.

I am not trigggered by your comments one bit...rotten plants I put them in the compost and get fresh ones. And I've likely heard all the other comments before.

I am not by any means telling anyone what they should or shouldn't eat....that's their life, not mine.

I didn't see anyone get triggered by your description of animal products, you simply got called out because I feel its an inaccurate and blatantly dishonest description. To be perfectly honest, I could care less what your thoughts are about meat, or whether or not you find it appetizing. Your thoughts and beliefs wouldn't give me pause at all, because you can't seem to defend them without attempting to insult others. If you feel superior by not eating meat, then you do you. Its just funny how your descriptions are no different than some of the stuff said in these propaganda documentaries put out by groups with an obvious agenda. Why do you find it so hard to defend your position without spreading lies and trying to belittle others?

Actually, I haven't belittled anyone....but your tone sure is walking the line of that. Seems like you might be projecting here.

If my descriptions of rotting animal flesh etc...are inaccurate, are you implying that the meat is not rotting or heavily preserved? Are you implying that diary is not fluid from pregnant cows? Or that chicken eggs are not filled with an ambionic fluid?
    If I have my science wrong, please educate and explain what they are...... I am all ears.

At some point fresh raw chicken will go bad, just as produce does - I honestly don't understand your "rotting" argument. I have a lot of produce scraps rotting in my compost pile ATM.
    Of all the things I have the most trouble keeping from going bad before I use it, it's the stupid tubs of fresh spinach in my refrigerator.

I love fresh spinach, but lord, that stuff. I just found a Pinterest page that says it's got a list of things that will help. We Shall See.

I was browsing through some One Pot cookbooks last night and several recipes had you wilt greens on top of a cooked dish for the last 10 min, or to stir them in at the last minute, which will also wilt them, although not as much.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I have not watched Game Changers yet although I have been meaning to just to see what all the fuss is about.

I went plant based a year ago for the animals. I did not expect any health benefits as that was not my motivation for eliminating animal products.

I have noticed some positive changes though including lack of bloating, better digestion overall, sweat and poop no longer smell (maybe TMI but true) etc. it hasn’t affected my weight loss goal at all though. That’s all about calories.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    If you're triggered by my blunt description of animal products, you will need to figure that out for yourself. I am not in control of that....but it triggered you for a reason.

They are an accurate description of animal products, not inflammatory....I assume that you rather they are labelled to something more appealing.

I am not trigggered by your comments one bit...rotten plants I put them in the compost and get fresh ones. And I've likely heard all the other comments before.

I am not by any means telling anyone what they should or shouldn't eat....that's their life, not mine.

I didn't see anyone get triggered by your description of animal products, you simply got called out because I feel its an inaccurate and blatantly dishonest description. To be perfectly honest, I could care less what your thoughts are about meat, or whether or not you find it appetizing. Your thoughts and beliefs wouldn't give me pause at all, because you can't seem to defend them without attempting to insult others. If you feel superior by not eating meat, then you do you. Its just funny how your descriptions are no different than some of the stuff said in these propaganda documentaries put out by groups with an obvious agenda. Why do you find it so hard to defend your position without spreading lies and trying to belittle others?

Actually, I haven't belittled anyone....but your tone sure is walking the line of that. Seems like you might be projecting here.

If my descriptions of rotting animal flesh etc...are inaccurate, are you implying that the meat is not rotting or heavily preserved? Are you implying that diary is not fluid from pregnant cows? Or that chicken eggs are not filled with an ambionic fluid?
    If I have my science wrong, please educate and explain what they are...... I am all ears.

At some point fresh raw chicken will go bad, just as produce does - I honestly don't understand your "rotting" argument. I have a lot of produce scraps rotting in my compost pile ATM.
    Of all the things I have the most trouble keeping from going bad before I use it, it's the stupid tubs of fresh spinach in my refrigerator.

I love fresh spinach, but lord, that stuff. I just found a Pinterest page that says it's got a list of things that will help. We Shall See.

I gave up on fresh spinach. Frozen spinach and frozen petite green peas are my green veg of choice; going with frozen gives me consistency and year round availability.