Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Maintaining lower weight

beulah81beulah81 Posts: 73Member Member Posts: 73Member Member
There are a few threads on maintaining at higher weight being easier. Are there any of you that find that maintaining on the lower end of your goal similar to maintaining at 5 to 10 lbs higher weight? Are your hunger levels higher at the lower end or about the same? Maintenance takes vigilance but when I look purely at numbers it takes about 30-50 calories less per day to maintain at the lower end. Just wanted to hear what your experience has been.
edited November 17

Replies

• cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 312Member Member Posts: 312Member Member
    beulah81 wrote: »
    There are a few threads on maintaining at higher weight being easier. Are there any of you that find that maintaining on the lower end of your goal similar to maintaining at 5 to 10 lbs higher weight? Are your hunger levels higher at the lower end or about the same? Maintenance takes vigilance but when I look purely at numbers it takes about 30-50 calories less per day to maintain at the lower end. Just wanted to hear what your experience has been.

I read elsewhere about the difference only being 30 to 50 cals. My lowest weight as an adult was 130 pounds and was when I was walking about an awful lot during the day. I stuck at that weight for 2 years then graduated and became more sedentary got into a relationship and ate more. Gained around 30 pounds. It was the massive change in output and intake that piled the weight on. I don’t remember finding 130 that hard to maintain at the time. I had no clue what I was eating calorie wise , it was 25 years ago. No internet let alone mfp!
  • koalathebearkoalathebear Posts: 191Member Member Posts: 191Member Member
    I was aiming for 54kg and maintaining at that weight, but for the last three months I seem to have been hanging around the 54.5 - 55.5 kg mark, which is fine by me. If I wanted to drop down to 54 and maintain at 54, I think my 'diet face' would look even more gaunt than it does.