Breaking the Sugar Addiction

Options
13»

Replies

• fitness_krista
    fitness_krista Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Not offended...I just think "addiction" is thrown around pretty willy nilly a lot of the time. I believe compulsive over-eating is an addiction...and there is over-eaters anonymous to provide support for that as there are usually underlying issues that need to be dealt with similar to alcoholism. But sugar in and of itself is not an addictive substance.

Hmmm... I agree. Calling it an addiction may not be right. I guess I simply have a lack of control. And I do eat a lot of good food. Plenty of fruits and vegetables and water vs soda or juices. Having desert every day is not something I want to do whether it’s ok or not. People say it’s ok because I’m not fat but I think it’s harmful on the inside. I’m challenging my self control. It’s easier when I don’t allow myself to get too hungry. At work that can be hard if not able to get to lunch. I’ve been packing healthy snacks.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    Ha. Just saw this post I put up 4yrs ago. I still crave sweets but currently have it under control. I’m not binging at night anymore. 👍 yay me

That's really excellent - thanks for the update!

Do you know how you were able to get it under control? That might help other people.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    Thanks for coming back with that tip. Different people find different routines suit them well, so the more people who talk about what worked for them, the more likely that new folks will see the tip(s) that will unlock success for them. Good stuff! :flowerforyou:
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Ha. Just saw this post I put up 4yrs ago. I still crave sweets but currently have it under control. I’m not binging at night anymore. 👍 yay me

Congrats!
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The tips you use to control your sweets cravings are also what I did to stop drinking. Plan ahead, replace with something different but non alcoholic in a nice glass and do it day by day … so maybe not so different after all.
  • fitness_krista
    fitness_krista Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The tips you use to control your sweets cravings are also what I did to stop drinking. Plan ahead, replace with something different but non alcoholic in a nice glass and do it day by day … so maybe not so different after all.

I also quit drinking! Best thing I ever did! It’s been about 16months since I had any alcohol 👍