Feeling insecure and would like to gain some weight back

I am really unsure what my goal should be. I want to be healthy, but I also want to be confident. Right now I’m a healthy weight 126 5’7, 33-27-38, but am extremely unconfident. I used to be 140-145 (didn’t exercise so I was pretty flabby as well) and went down to 126 after a stressful and busy year. Now everyone just tells me how awful I look. I also miss having breasts. I used to be a C cup and am down to an A. I feel less confident, am tired all the time, and am sick of people asking why I lost so much weight.
I was thinking of continuing to work out, aim to eat healthy, but try also gain about 15 lbs. I’m hoping if I am working out and eating healthy I can put the weight back on and be less flabby this time around. would that be unhealthy goal for me? Has anyone else run into this problem losing weight?

Replies

• GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    I think you'd find yourself happier and more confident if you started on a well structured, progressive lifting program and built some strength and muscle. If you make sure you're getting sufficient protein, 0.8-1 gram per pound of body weight per day, you'll make some really awesome gains the first few months, assuming you haven't done any resistance training before. And throw in a little cardio, maybe 20-30 minutes, 2 or 3 days a week to help your overall health.

Here's a thread with lots of great resistance training programs you can think about:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Unfortunately, you probably won't be happier with your boobs, necessarily. As I'm sure you're aware, boobs are mostly fat and if you gain fat it likely won't all go to your boobs. You can improve that area a bit by building up your pectoral (chest) muscles, but it won't change your cup size, just make them look a bit firmer and stand out a bit.