Help with calories !

Options
4lustxx
4lustxx Posts: 22 Member
I’m recovering from c section two more weeks till I can get approved to work out etc ! But until than I’m 237 pounds I can’t really work out or anything I can walk 20 minutes a day is all said my ob. What calories amount per day would you prob suggest I have full changed my diet I only drink water and apple juice ( prob a cup or two of juice a day ) and about 4-12 cups of water a day this is all new adjustments but I try to eat fairly healthy and I’m not breast feeding I lately have been trying to stay under 2000 calories but what would you suggest ?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ pounds to lose, you can safely set MFP to up to a 2 lb/week rate of loss unless your doctor feels differently.

Fat loss is 100% caused by consistently eating fewer calories than your body burns. That means exercise is good if you're able to exercise, but it is not required for fat loss. Similarly, hydration is good but it is not directly relevant to fat loss. Eating "healthy" has nothing to do with fat loss; you do not have to eat certain foods or avoid certain foods. All you have to do is consistently stay within the calorie goal MFP gives you.

I would recommend reading the "most helpful posts" at the top of each forum.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Have you run through the MFP set up process with your height, current weight, age etc?

I’d actually suggest you don’t set your weekly loss at more than a pound a week for now, because you’re recovering from the c-section, plus pregnancy takes a toll on your body and too aggressive a weight loss goal may hinder your return to full health and energy.

If you’ve gone through the set-up it will give you the suggested amount of calories per day to achieve your goals. If you start there you’ll see how it works for you and can adjust, if necessary as time passes.

Congratulations on your new baby! 😊
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I agree on the no more than 1 lb/ week while recovering from surgery, even .5 would be fine. Be sure to hit protein goals, or even exceed them, while your body is repairing.
  • 4lustxx
    4lustxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much I’ll def try to do all of this , I’m not tryna go to hard I’m just crazy over weight imo and def wanna lose weight and do better esp for my baby I appreciate all the help !!