Challenges???

Options
Apologies if dumb question but in my ‘home’ menu there is a ‘challenges’ option but when I select it, there is nothing there..... can anyone tell me how I get challenges there? Do I have to create them somewhere?

Replies

• GlobeYack
    GlobeYack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Researching it, the challenges seem to be US only. I have the same issue. Apparently it's supposed to contain ones like log 30 meals 30 days in a row; something like that. I could be wrong but that's come from another post regarding the same issue.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’d always assumed it was a paid subscription only feature! But I can see you both are paying for your use of MFP, so it’s not that!

Interesting! I wonder why it’s restricted to the US? What possible reason do they have for that? 🤷‍♀️
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I’d always assumed it was a paid subscription only feature! But I can see you both are paying for your use of MFP, so it’s not that!

Interesting! I wonder why it’s restricted to the US? What possible reason do they have for that? 🤷‍♀️

Are there rewards for it (like coupons or something)? Sometimes it’s because of law.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Huh, I'm in the US but do not see challenges on my home page in desktop. Maybe it is both a US and mobile thing (?)

I was wondering if it was an Under Armour thing. I use MapMyFitness and it offered me a challenge, but it turned out you had to be a Blue Cross & Blue Shield member to participate (only they called it Blue365 and I had no idea what that was, so the whole thing was confusing and annoying.)
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options

Are there rewards for it (like coupons or something)? Sometimes it’s because of law.

Haha! No idea, because I can’t see anything from here in the UK! Seems logical though 😊
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Huh, I'm in the US but do not see challenges on my home page in desktop. Maybe it is both a US and mobile thing (?)

I was wondering if it was an Under Armour thing. I use MapMyFitness and it offered me a challenge, but it turned out you had to be a Blue Cross & Blue Shield member to participate (only they called it Blue365 and I had no idea what that was, so the whole thing was confusing and annoying.)

We have something similar to that for my insurance, you basically just get deals and stuff that they give you as a bonus for gauging your paycheck every month.
  • GlobeYack
    GlobeYack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    After googling a bit more, people are stating that can join a challenge through the forum (though no idea how) or you can create one setting your own terms also through the forum (but also don't know how). You'd think they'd give a demonstration when you first go into the challenges section but apparently not.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    The Challenges that I have are from sponsors - for instance there is one to 'eat 30 avocados in 60 days for a chance to win. . .'
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Usually you get invited to do them or someone else you are friends with does one and you find out through newsfeed