Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I finally did it.

jessalittlemorejessalittlemore Posts: 49Member Member Posts: 49Member Member
I've been fat all my life, obese since my tweens. I passed 300 pounds in my early teens and haven't seen the other side of it since. I've been trying so hard to get the weight off my whole life, but I didn't know what I was doing; I bought into all the misinformation, all of the fads. When those diets inevitably failed, I felt like I would be stuck forever in a body I hated and felt miserable in.

I've been on my current journey since late December. Calories in, calories out + keto. This time I started at 370 pounds and projections had my big 1 year goal of getting under 300 happening some time in early January.

I'm ahead of schedule. I'm at 299.4!!!

That number which has dogged me my whole adult life is gone, and I'm never going back. I'm going to make it all the way this time, I know it.

Replies

• moonangel12moonangel12 Posts: 226Member, Premium Member Posts: 226Member, Premium Member
    How exciting!! Congratulations on that milestone!
  • jessalittlemorejessalittlemore Posts: 49Member Member Posts: 49Member Member
    Thank you! It's so exciting, I feel so energized now for the next year and the next goal! :blush:
  • solieco1solieco1 Posts: 1,305Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,305Member, Premium Member
    What a great milestone!!
  • MySlimGoalsMySlimGoals Posts: 522Member, Premium Member Posts: 522Member, Premium Member
    Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you and to hear that you have found a healthy way that works for you.
  • DogMom919DogMom919 Posts: 56Member, Premium Member Posts: 56Member, Premium Member
    Great job!!
  • Bex953172Bex953172 Posts: 2,856Member Member Posts: 2,856Member Member
    Amazing! Now to start the next step of your journey! Keep going!!!
  • ellie117ellie117 Posts: 259Member Member Posts: 259Member Member
    Congratulations, that is amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • gemiller87gemiller87 Posts: 98Member, Premium Member Posts: 98Member, Premium Member
    Congratulations on that massive milestone!
  • katermarikatermari Posts: 92Member, Premium Member Posts: 92Member, Premium Member
    you are amazing!!!! congratulations!!!!
  • tams_89tams_89 Posts: 1,191Member Member Posts: 1,191Member Member
    Congrats, awesome job :)
  • bluffgirl67bluffgirl67 Posts: 61Member Member Posts: 61Member Member
    Congratulations!!!
  • quintjmquintjm Posts: 11Member, Premium Member Posts: 11Member, Premium Member
    Congrats on reaching your goal early! How do you see when you will reach your goal by a certain date?
  • jessalittlemorejessalittlemore Posts: 49Member Member Posts: 49Member Member
    quintjm wrote: »
    Congrats on reaching your goal early! How do you see when you will reach your goal by a certain date?
    Before I started on myfitnesspal, I used a keto calculator to get my TDEE and macros, and on it was a projections forecast. I hadn't paid it much heed but I seemed to be going at around the same pace it suggested, though I managed to pull ahead of it, as it were.
    edited November 28
  • auburngirl06auburngirl06 Posts: 144Member Member Posts: 144Member Member
    Way to go!!! I can feel your joy through this post ❤️ You should be so very proud of yourself!
  • LouVee186000LouVee186000 Posts: 63Member, Premium Member Posts: 63Member, Premium Member
    CONGRATS! Great work!
  • girlwithcurls2girlwithcurls2 Posts: 1,839Member Member Posts: 1,839Member Member
    Amazing what can happen in a year, huh? You are proof that the time will pass regardless of what we do. So if we can get up each day and do our best to stick to a plan, results will follow. PLEASE post in a year (or sooner!) on this thread. I love to see those continuing success stories. And you are a success!! :)
  • ldtamika31ldtamika31 Posts: 202Member Member Posts: 202Member Member
    Congratulations
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 321Member Member Posts: 321Member Member
    I love reading the success stories! Congratulations and continues good luck to you for the rest of the journey!!
  • PaotonuRPaotonuR Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    Well done!!