Should I get a FitBit?

Options
2»

Replies

• lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I got mine last week and love it! Encourages you to move more
    And has a MFP like community too , also syncs with MFP. I got the fitbit zip for
    $53 on amazon! So worth it
  • kathymford
    kathymford Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What HRM does everyone use? I really won't to get one, but there are so many choices!!
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    fitbit = an item designed to tell you how lazy you have or have not been....

just make the active choice everytime and save your money for new trainers
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    What HRM does everyone use? I really won't to get one, but there are so many choices!!
    I use a TomTom Multisport GPS/HRM watch. It tracks runs/walks/hikes, swimming, biking, and treadmill. The HRM part can be used for all those activites, except for (I think) swimming. The watch is definitely waterproof, but I don't think the HRM strap is.

Again, the HRM is just another tool to help you do the work. I like the GPS function more since it lets me map my routes and measure pace, etc. It's also cool to track heart rate at the same time. I take the calorie estimate with a grain of salt, but it gets me in the ballpark.

I'd rather spend my money on gadgets than trainers, but I'm a geek. I like my data more than I like someone giving me their version of the same workouts I can find all over the 'net :)