Advice from experienced please!

I am a 20 year old Male currently weighing in around 100kg. I am around 5,11 and have high body fat percentage. My end goal would be to reduce my body fat percentage very low and tone / bulk up. I would like to have abs as it's a goal I've never achieved and mainly its down to diet as I am quite the picky eater.

Any advice appreciated

Replies

• smith667metal
    smith667metal Posts: 29 Member
    Are you just starting out? Like first year training? Or have you trained or worked out before?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    If you want to gain muscle while losing, you will need a small deficit, aim to lose 0.5 lbs/week and get adequate protein, probably a min of 150grams protein a day, given your size, and follow a tried tested and true program based on your goals.

lifting programs: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

That ^^
  • thongguy23
    thongguy23 Posts: 38 Member
    Dude there is no gain muscle and lose fat. You can maintain the mass you have and lose, but you won’t gain. Focus on one goal at a time, as this is new to you. Track your macros and know exactly what you are putting into your body. Each of our bodies react differently to specific foods.
  • Telfordp283
    Telfordp283 Posts: 2 Member
    I was pretty much the same as you two years ago I used 1 gram protein per lb bodyweight and used the general rule of always under 100 grams of carbs for fat I didn't do anything the 200 grams protein usually covered it with Fat on meats 4 to 5 litres water a day and 45 minutes gym 5 to 6 days a week lost around 50lbs and gained a good amount of muscle worked for me also every two weeks or so have a night where you eat anything you want and as big a portion you want
  • SamDraper1218
    SamDraper1218 Posts: 3 Member
    From age of 13 - 17 I did boxing intensely trained 6 days a week for 2-3hours on average. In that time I also did weights training but was more low weight high reps kind of things mainly for fitness rather than gains. So not gonna be my first time training but the goal this time is differnt
  • thongguy23
    thongguy23 Posts: 38 Member
    As you can surely see everyone’s method is different. I went from 296 lbs to 196 lbs on stage at 6% body fat. I did that describing what I said earlier. Find out what works for you and try different things but most of all be consistent. You will reach your goal.9sjihmexynce.jpeg
    g9w5mafgvj66.jpeg
    d1c2fvizmudg.jpeg
  • sflano1783
    sflano1783 Posts: 117 Member
    Im the same im 104kg my height is 5ft 9inches tall I need to lose bodyfat and maintain muscle mass before I go into a calorie surplus.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Pick a reputable strength training program and stick to it. I recommend Starting Strength. You'll also have count calories/macros via MFP.