WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Olivia)))

Allie ~ Enjoy your trip.

Michele ~ We eat dinner around 6 PM every night.

Amber ~ Enjoy your daughter's visit.

I too put on about 3 lbs over the last three weeks. Need to get back on a regular more normal eating pattern for me. Crackers after dinner are my downfall (along with my wine drinking).

Just cleaned the carpet in the office/bedroom for the first time in almost 2 yrs. Boy, did it need it. It had been so long, it took me a while to figure out how to work the Hoover rug cleaner.

Carol in GA
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    One thing I have to remember in 2020 is to start my Apple Watch when I'm doing work around the house etc. The thing I'm trying to figure out with my Apple Watch is why I don't get credit for all the calories burned during my workout? The only calories which seem to show up in diary are the "active" calories. For example, yesterday I burned 609 "total" calories on the elliptical but only 463 of those calories counted as "active" and showed up in my diary :/
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: You are the best grandma that I know. Your grandchildren are so lucky to have you in their lives!!! :star:

Rebecca: Your photo of the Spark in Astoria is charming and makes me want to visit Astoria--when the weather is better. You’re ahead of me in putting Christmas decorations away. I like to do that on New Year’s Day after the Grand Floral Parade :smiley:

Karen in VA: Good of you to sing Happy Retirement Day to your ex. :bigsmile:

Rebecca: I’m sorry that your younger son is not communicating. Can you contact his command to find out whether he’s okay? :huh:

Allie: Enjoy your adventure to NYC. My visit there was with a group of eigth-grade students on a school adventure. Our kids were great and everyone we encountered in NYC was kind & helpful. I came home from that trip with great memories. We also visited Washington DC and Monticello on that trip. :smiley:

Michelle: We send our kids presents and don’t expect to get any other than photos of them and their children. We have more than enough “stuff.” My idea of best Christmas gifts to receive from them are phone calls in addition to the photos. :flowerforyou: My daughter is very close to her MIL who lives closer than me by a couple of thousand miles and is ready to help as needed. I am grateful for the help she gives my daughter and the kids.

Heather: I’m up a bit, too. :embarassed: I’ve taken steps to improve and am part way back to goal, but there is still serious work to be done to get there. I quit alcohol altogether. I feel better and the weight is dropping s-l-o-w-l-y. :ohwell:

Viv: I started my “New Year’s Resolution” shortly after Halloween. No alcohol. The extra pounds are slowly easing away and I feel more alert and better all around. My bad knee isn’t quite as grumpy. It will be happier when I’ve dropped a few more pounds. :ohwell:

SuziQ: I love my yoga classes. The teachers do an excellent job. One teacher holds morning classes MWF and the other teaches an evening class. Most of our morning class members are 50+ and retired. There is a mix of men and women. The evening students are taking yoga after work. :flowerforyou: DH is now taking chair yoga. He loves it and gets more good from his chair yoga classes than he did from physical therapy. :star:

Karen: Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery for Olivia. :heart:

Beth near Buffalo: I love the Cherokee Proverb, "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice." :bigsmile:

I need to call the vet’s office asap. I thought I had enough pain meds to last my dog until Monday but that isn’t the case. He is out. I hope they’ll fill the prescription today or he will be in pain.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA Olivia, pneumonia, oh no! Poor sweet baby!
    Lisa twice? Had it once and that was more than enough for me. Good came from it, though, I’ve been smoke free for 20+ yrs.

Starting to feel a little better, but still not up to snuff. Time to shower and dress for my first away-from-home excursion since Monday, Joe’s taking the dogs and me to the beach.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Allie - Enjoy! :D<3 I had my 65th birthday in NYC and it was fabulous!

Karen - Oh no! Sending get well vibes to Olivia. <3<3<3

I am feeling so much better. :) My morning exercises put me in a better mood and I've had a short nap on the sofa. I then decided to go out to the local supermarket and enjoyed my chat with the serving guy about crisp versus soft biscuits. :laugh: I have made a great British traditional meal for tonight - curried left over turkey. Yummo! There's spinach and peas in there as well. I did it in my IP.
    Tonight there is a Norwegian/American thriller series starting on the BBC. I will be able to see if I can understand any Norwegian! I have been studying it now for quite a while on Duolingo. I am currently on a 38 day streak. o:) We are going to Norway in April on our cruise.

Michele - I scald mine in the IP on the BOIL setting on yoghurt. For me the not having to watch it is worth the extra minutes. However, I understand that if you are using Fairlife milk you do not have to boil it at all, just use the 8.30 setting from cold. I up mine to 10.30 as I like it fairly tart. There is masses of info on line, forums, communities, websites, videos on YouTube. I learnt a lot when I first started from a Facebook group. It is definitely a learning curve, but worth it. There is also an app.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I called in the dog’s pain med refill and the Vet's receptionist said I could get them for less $$$ at Costco. I followed up and Costco doesn’t seem to sell them at all, but Walmart does. There is a Walmart store in our town and it would be more convenient and less expensive to buy them there. I’ll pick up his pain meds from the vet later today and get a RX to take to Walmart.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    stats for yesterday:

wore only apple watch, no wahoo hrm
    i know it's way off on some of these results :0/

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.15min, 11.5amph, 1.57mi= 63c
    ski machine- 30min, 15resist, 5incl, 1.47mi= 146c
    Bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.33min, 13.6amph, 1.48mi= 53c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.48min, 11.5amph, 3.04mi= 104c
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.05min, 9.18min mi, .54mi= 57c
    jog wrk 2 station- 4.03min, 8.51min mi, .45mi= 63c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.17min, 8.1amph, 2.60mi= 151c

total cal 637
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    One thing I have to remember in 2020 is to start my Apple Watch when I'm doing work around the house etc. The thing I'm trying to figure out with my Apple Watch is why I don't get credit for all the calories burned during my workout? The only calories which seem to show up in diary are the "active" calories. For example, yesterday I burned 609 "total" calories on the elliptical but only 463 of those calories counted as "active" and showed up in my diary :/

I have yet to get a satisfactory answer on that. I use mine 7 days a week. count your total, not active.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Katla, we had so much fun taking that picture with the pretty old home behind it. I was laughing with husband, " but why-y-y can't I go up to their door and state our car matches your house. I think we need to live here"!

I have had a lot of stress with the idea of putting in an official health and welfare check on him, which is the next step. The ombudsmen would put it in, and he would be officially talked to. Lee stated its embarrassing for both the command that has to do this piddly task, and the sailor that has to sit and endure it. But at this point, how worse could it be? Maybe him calling us finally, being mad at us, he would understand that what he was feeling emotionally is kinda what I feel every day. I will contact the ombudsmen after the first of the year, if we don't hear from him then.👍

Today the 10 lb turkey is bathing delightfully in the sink, until I pay him dry, massage oil into his pale body and throw him in the sauna....erm I mean OVEN later today! Having leftover potatoes and carrots from our roast meal last Wednesday, and dressing. Making some turkey gravy and having cranberry jelly though. I shall have 2 oz of turkey, 2 slices of jelly, and some veggies. I shall pass on the potatoes and dressing! I shall persevere!

Last night we ate dinner early at 4:30 pm. Lee picked out a frozen pizza. So we each had half. I put on diced tomatoes and sliced up some black olives. It was so good! I haven't eaten a big meal like that for some time and I paid the price in the middle of last night. We then went to the theater on base and watched "Knives Out" a detective movie, funny, quite good! It is only $5 per person, so that's nice. Before the movie started they played our National Anthem. It had been awhile since I had done that. In Japan was the last time. We are never on base when "Colors" is played. Cars stop, if you are walking you stop and face a flag. It is morning, and afternoon. I used to be so annoyed with some of the Filipino wives in Japan because they would never stop in the commissary parking lot. I would look, point to the flag, with my hand saying STOP. Geez!

So in the middle of the night I felt the need, the pressure to birth my pizza baby. But like false contractions I just laid in bed, rocking and breathing. My belly was so tight and full! UUgh! It finally subsided.

I weighed this morning and I am up 1.4 lbs. DAmn, that pizza baby!
    Our band of faithful followers, we seem to all be struggling this time of year. So what do we do? We miser-ate together until the season passes? It is a tough thing! I need to stick with my plan man!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Well it has been a blast so far. We did a bit of walking it will be a 14,000-15'000 step day. We went to the memorial reflecting pools didnt go to the museum .. that takes a good 4 + hrs to go through.
    Went through Chinatown ,Little Italy . Our room looks over the Brooklyn bridge . And we are across the hall from concierge lounge and happy hour is 5-7 so we will be imbibing there..
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    IP yogurt makers. Why are you pouring off the whey? That's where a ton of protein lives. I always stir the whey back into dairy products when it rises to the top. Just curious.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    barbie - I guess I just wish that Maria thought of someone else and want to help her son to accept another family who does things differently than she does.

katla - when you speak to your children, do you also get to talk to their partners (wife/husband)?

SuziQ - I poured off the whey to make Green yogurt

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    I think I got it. Don't ask me how I did it, but I think I did!

Our outdoor decorations.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186233199@N06/49285060312/in/datetaken/

Michele NC
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I think I got it. Don't ask me how I did it, but I think I did!

Our outdoor decorations.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186233199@N06/49285060312/in/datetaken/

Michele NC

Beautiful! Glad I do not have to take them down and put them away!

☃️
  • SuziQ113
    Options

Most programs do not sync very well, i.e. elliptical reading versus watch. Sometimes your wrist isn't moving when using machines because you're holding on to rails or watch isn't quite touching your skin. I would research online to see if it's something in the settings. Good luck!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Wow, Michele, that is some light show! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx