WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I am presently cutting a dead string of lights out of a prelit Christmas tree. They used microscopic zip ties so its a frustrating task! Taking a break with a Fresca. Turkey's little pop out thingy hasn't popped yet so awhile yet! Simmering the giblets and will add to the soup stock.
    💖Rebecca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Okie – I wouldn’t say that I’m forcing them to do things my way, I’d like for them to accept the fact that they do things differently from me. I feel I’ve accepted this, but it seems that they feel that everyone does things the exact way they do them. We’ll go up there, but we just can’t do it all the time. Since Denise works, really the best times seem to be Memorial Day weekend when we get to spend an extra day with her and Labor Day Weekend for the same reason. If she didn’t work, perhaps we could spend a few days with them. Oh well…..it is what it is

Lectored at the church tonight. I traded today with another lady who lectored for me when I came back from Iowa. I told her tonight how very grateful I was because not only did we have bad weather but then we had the alternator problem. And if we needed to spend the night somewhere, since that was a Saturday, you know places aren't open on Sunday so we would have had to stay 2 nights. Fortunately, that didn't happen

Michele NC

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – would the URL be flickr.com/cameraroll? The reason I’m not sending the dd to Maria is because it’s in a frame with glass, and we all know how careful the post office is.

Michele NC

OK ... just trying some things.

This is the URL at the top of the page:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/33808949828/in/album-72157665964529122/

This is the URL when I click the Share button (the outlined, curved arrow at the bottom right corner):
    https://flic.kr/p/TvzGU5

This is the URL when I click the Share button and use the BBCode, which is the code used on this MFP forum:
    33808949828_6499677bfd_b.jpgOceanView_Medium by Machka, on Flickr

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    td2l9yneab5t.jpeg
    1jkptbzbbckv.jpeg
    q0tby7jnf99p.jpeg
    b3c304wxjxyz.jpeg
    lyxxefcel7ts.jpeg

JR came up said A S D pointed to his board I looked shock he wrote the letters! Recognizing letters y writing ✍️ newest thing never did this before!!! Yes!!!! Homeschool before school is a success

Skipped a lot! Had to Christmas my house .
    Did good at Luby’s
    Mango tea 0cal
    Baked chicken
    Squash,cucumber,bell pepper
    Stuffing tiny tiny portion
    Cheesecake
    Mac y cheese small
    Potatoe
    Jalapeño corn bread.

Ate 1/3rd per meal so 1/3rd left

Amber Tx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Michele WOW!
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbie - I guess I just wish that Maria thought of someone else and want to help her son to accept another family who does things differently than she does.

Michele NC

But doesn't that mean that you should be accepting that they do things differently than you do instead of trying to force them to do what you want them to do? I see where you are coming from, you want your daughter to want to come to your house and spend time with you. It appears that that isn't going to happen right now so you have to decide whether to go to her to try to maintain a relationship or to let it go and not spend time with them. Only you know what you can live with and how much effort you are willing to put into keeping the door open. I hope you can find a happy medium and find peace. It seems like a really sad situation.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
    Okie – I wouldn’t say that I’m forcing them to do things my way, I’d like for them to accept the fact that they do things differently from me. I feel I’ve accepted this, but it seems that they feel that everyone does things the exact way they do them. We’ll go up there, but we just can’t do it all the time. Since Denise works, really the best times seem to be Memorial Day weekend when we get to spend an extra day with her and Labor Day Weekend for the same reason. If she didn’t work, perhaps we could spend a few days with them. Oh well…..it is what it is

Michele NC

Children often do things differently than their parents.

When I was in my late teens at home, I began to feel vaguely disgruntled with the way my parents did things. Not that the things they did were bad, they just didn't entirely suit me.
    When I married the first time, I discovered a completely different way of doing things ... some of which I liked, and some of which I didn't.
    Then when I divorced and was on my own for a while, I chose the things I liked out of both ways of doing things.
    Next I moved back home with my parents for a few years to finish my degree and had to conform with their way of doing things.

And then I married again and moved to Australia. Much of how I do things now is a blend of all of that.

For example, my parents like to have dinner at 6 pm on the dot. I prefer to have it somewhere between about 6:30 and 7:30 depending on whether or not I exercise after work.

My parents are meat eaters ... my husband and I lean toward being vegetarian.

What fruit and veggies my parents eat is somewhat limited ... I'll try all sorts of things.

For years, my mother did a formal Christmas letter and sent out stacks of Christmas cards ... I stopped doing that in my late twenties. I think she has finally stopped doing that too now, except she does send cards to close family ... the one and only card I got this year was from my parents. :)

I'm pretty sure my parents are happy with the way they do things ... and I'm happy with the way I do things ...

I also know that my brother and his family do things quite differently to the way my parents do things and the way that I do things.

That's just how it works. We grow up and we choose how we want to do things ... picking out the things we liked from our parents and from other people who are in our lives.

:):heart: :)

Machka in Oz
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Tekavincent - best wishes for a speedy recovery. <3 What is your name? Well done on the adoption. :D Phew! What a year! :love:

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Dawn
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Good going JR!!!!!

After seeing the outdoor decorations and the trees, you can see why we couldn’t go to DE next weekend nor the end of January. Glad everyone liked them. You can’t really see it too well, but there are two penguins behind a snow fort. Then we have an arch with what are made to look like snowballs that the penguins are throwing back and forth to each other. The final “snowballs” looks like a “splat”.

M - I realize that Denise does things differently from us. Like she likes to go out to dinner almost every day. We're not into going out for meals all the time. She likes her "junk" food (donuts for breakfast, etc), we prefer some sort of cereal or eggs or French toast, etc. But not to even TRY to see us once/year??? I bet you at least facetime with your family. We never have, even tho I was told that we would and I asked when's a good time. Still waiting for an answer that I know I'll never get. I'm not expecting any gifts or even a card. At least your parents sent you a card. They like a lot of pasta that you get out of a box. I'm not a pasta eater (but I do like shirataki noodles). When I make something, I ask others if they would like some. Not Denise. She likes coffee, not us, I like my tea. But to tell someone that you're going to see them, they make plans, etc. and then two weeks beforehand to tell them that you're not coming? Regardless of how much I don't want to do something, after I tell someone that I'll do something, I do it. I'm not a big red meat eater at all, they like their steak. That's all fine. But not to go thru with your word?? To me, that's very disappointing.

Michele in NC

• tekavincent
    Options
    I can't get my pics to post
  • tekavincent
    Options
    Sorry, I was experimenting trying to post pics but it won't let me
  • Machka9
    edited December 2019
    Options

Find your photo ... right click on it and select "Copy Image" ... come here and Paste! :)

I've done that here, and this is the photo you meant to post, is that right? :) Cute!!

ba659zsuys9n.png

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to get back on the wagon! CI<CO I should write it on my sweatshirt! I'm going to lose the eight pounds I gained back this fall, and another ten after that. I'm done with cookies and cake and pie and anything that doesn't fit into my calorie budget. Nothing tastes as good as fitness feels. I'm doing this!
    Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Options
    Lovely warm day here.
    Leg (biospy site) is still a bit sore, but the stitch is out.
    Slowly getting moving to go for a bicycle ride. :)

Machka in Oz
  • tekavincent
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Find your photo ... right click on it and select "Copy Image" ... come here and Paste! :)

I've done that here, and this is the photo you meant to post, is that right? :) Cute!!

ba659zsuys9n.png

Machka in Oz

That was one of them yes. I couldn't come up with the copy image menu. I'll try again, thanks.