target 34 waist again, Yee Haw

Retired Rancher, Drummer, LEO. Used to be lean. Been riding the couch too long. Dr says lose weight. On 11/05/2019 at 227 lbs. Started MyFitnessPal tracking - Today 12/02 I'm 217.9 lbs. my new mantra Belly Be Gone. target 185 lbs.8cgcnurewsxj.jpg

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Lurve this, Rancher. ;) So many good choices. Whooo hooo!
  • mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    I'm eating healthier. I drink GC Control Shakes with water cranberry juice and raw kale for brkfst's. Minimizing my bread/tortilla or replacing with lettuce wrap. But the pounds aren't just flying off seem to stuck in the 220 range..
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @mikebxb Don't be tempted to dial it in any further so you can drop it like it's hot. With a slight calorie deficit we edge our way down slowly. We have a much better shot at getting there and staying there without the pain of withdrawal and less emotional/physical/mental struggles with food. We have better retention of new food habits and behaviors when we don't make it so brutally strict. You're doing well, don't look to the left or to the right or behind you. Keep moving forward with your positive food management plan.
  • mikebxb
    10 carbs in a small mandarin orange???
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Love your attitude! I’m 67 and here everyday for mutual support! Send me a friend request!
  • mikebxb
    Healthydiner65, Thanks. I sent a PM as 'freind request' wasn't offered as option for you.. Feel free to send me one..
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @mikebxb Don't be tempted to dial it in any further so you can drop it like it's hot. With a slight calorie deficit we edge our way down slowly. We have a much better shot at getting there and staying there without the pain of withdrawal and less emotional/physical/mental struggles with food. We have better retention of new food habits and behaviors when we don't make it so brutally strict. You're doing well, don't look to the left or to the right or behind you. Keep moving forward with your positive food management plan.

Good advice!
  • annliz23
    It just takes time I guess the main thing is to record food, exercise and stick at it. Good luck everyone.
  • annliz23
    Brought some new jeans today size 10 looks like my persistence is paying off at last!
  • mikebxb
    annliz23 ! excellent. Keep up the good work. As I use this prg and research nutrients etc. I keep finding healthier food choices and its paying off.
  • annliz23
    edited December 2019
    mikebxb wrote: »
    annliz23 ! excellent. Keep up the good work. As I use this prg and research nutrients etc. I keep finding healthier food choices and its paying off.

That's super it's often trial and error but it's fun trying new things!
  • mikebxb
    edited December 2019
    Lost an honest 10 lbs to date. 2e91jd2b2osn.jpegasofajjvb07o.jpeg

• annliz23
    Lost an honest 10 lbs to date. 2e91jd2b2osn.jpegasofajjvb07o.jpeg

Fantastic!
  • rockbam123
    rockbam123 Posts: 20 Member
    Seems like you are doing many of the right things, specially educating yourself on what you are eating. Probably the most important thing you can do.
  • mikebxb
    edited December 2019
    216.8 lbs today -- It's a slow process. I dont trust my scales But, I'm still on course
  • annliz23
    edited December 2019
    216.8 lbs today -- It's a slow process. I dont trust my scales But, I'm still on course

Yippee! I lost another lb too!
  • Nimbkar
    Nimbkar Posts: 67 Member
    try just 2 meals a day, no snacking. finish each meal within an hour.
  • mikebxb
    217 today. last 3 days been under my macro goals. Getting a new hopefully reliable bathroom scale today.. I actually have been eating only 2 meals / day. I do snack after 7pm which isn't good but I substitute pickle, pork rinds, popcorn, cottage cheese and pears for the old summer sausage & cheese or Ruffles etc.. I know I'm eating healthier and learning things I thought were healthier choices before weren't. Thanks for everyone's input , advice and suggestions. I'm trying them all. Belly Be Going. B)
  • mikebxb
    4 days in row under Macros, Bought new scale (accurate) down to <214 lbs. cut bread, cut fried, cut spuds, cut cheese..Belly Be Going. bwahahahahaha
    9lxrq4cm617p.jpg
    ax3yo4ay9sw3.jpg
  • annliz23
    Merry Christmas everyone!