Is there a maximum darkness to the new quote fields?

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

:lol:

Why can't they just make the colors different in the food database? You know, Admin ones Darker, others, lighter?

Is it too much to ask??????????????????????????????

I'm just wondering if it continues to get darker as the quotes nest until you can't actually read the text anymore, or does the text font change color to compensate?

And here I thought it was my eyesight. At least wait until April Fools to play such tricks. :(

Will there be a point where you just can't read the text?

Not so far...

I'm not sure why, but those embedded quotes actually make me a little queezy. Must be something to the optics, but whatever it is, I'm not liking this newest change :(

We used to be able to choose how many quotes within the quotes we could see. I'm not sure if that option is still available. It's nice to see the conversation flow without going back, but you lose the contributor name on it, and I liked the click to show the previous quotes option.

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

ETA: Huh, looks like at some point the background box gets dark enough that the text is lighter and still shows. Although there is a couple points of nearly unreadable.

I had to do it again to see if it keeps getting darker and the text keeps appearing lighter.

what's going on here?

#Features.

#annoyingfeatures
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    5jf1kcbf7fhl.png
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Why can't they just make the colors different in the food database? You know, Admin ones Darker, others, lighter?

I'm just wondering if it continues to get darker as the quotes nest until you can't actually read the text anymore, or does the text font change color to compensate?

And here I thought it was my eyesight. At least wait until April Fools to play such tricks. :(

Not so far...

I'm not sure why, but those embedded quotes actually make me a little queezy. Must be something to the optics, but whatever it is, I'm not liking this newest change :(

We used to be able to choose how many quotes within the quotes we could see. I'm not sure if that option is still available. It's nice to see the conversation flow without going back, but you lose the contributor name on it, and I liked the click to show the previous quotes option.

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

ETA: Huh, looks like at some point the background box gets dark enough that the text is lighter and still shows. Although there is a couple points of nearly unreadable.

I had to do it again to see if it keeps getting darker and the text keeps appearing lighter.

what's going on here?

#Features.

We are tampering with forces beyond our comprehension!!
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.

It is like my soul: no maximum darkness
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    Hi y'all! Just wanted to chime in and provide some clarity. This change was made by our forum providers and we've been keeping an eye on it. Thanks to your attempts to reach "maximum darkness" we were able to provide real world feedback to them about how this change has impacted our community and they will be implementing a fix soon.

1f1fdn27wdob.gif
    bmwmdyu1moy7.gif

We are here to be helpful!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Hi y'all! Just wanted to chime in and provide some clarity. This change was made by our forum providers and we've been keeping an eye on it. Thanks to your attempts to reach "maximum darkness" we were able to provide real world feedback to them about how this change has impacted our community and they will be implementing a fix soon.

1f1fdn27wdob.gif
    bmwmdyu1moy7.gif

Or smarty pants.
  • Reckoner68
    Options

1f1fdn27wdob.gif
    bmwmdyu1moy7.gif

Or smarty pants.

I'm sorry I didn't see your response I am mesmerized by that cat
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    now i gotta go watch Beetlejuice
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

List this under "positive side effects"
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Now I have this in my head. Thanks

https://youtu.be/AQXVHITd1N4
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.

Infinity -1 darkness.
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.

Infinity -1 darkness.

I like the cut of your jib
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options

Now I have this in my head. Thanks

https://youtu.be/AQXVHITd1N4

And you're shaking it, Senora?
  • RelCanonical
    Options
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.

Infinity -1 darkness.

I wonder if eventually the original post will get pushed so far to the right that we can't see it anymore. It's been edging in that direction.
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.

Infinity -1 darkness.

I wonder if eventually the original post will get pushed so far to the right that we can't see it anymore. It's been edging in that direction.

Judging by how far it's moved from responses so far, we should know in about twenty more replies!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.

Infinity -1 darkness.

Judging by how far it's moved from responses so far, we should know in about twenty more replies!

bump
    giphy.gif
  • Reckoner68
    Options
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.

Infinity -1 darkness.

bump
    giphy.gif

I'd watch so many more movies if they were that brief
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    This thread brings me so much joy.
  • RelCanonical
    Options
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.

Infinity -1 darkness.

bump
    giphy.gif

I'd watch so many more movies if they were that brief

I can't sit through movies either. I don't think the pacing works well for my brain.