Is there a maximum darkness to the new quote fields?

Aaron_K123
Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
test
Lets find out

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

:lol:

Why can't they just make the colors different in the food database? You know, Admin ones Darker, others, lighter?

Is it too much to ask??????????????????????????????
  • Aaron_K123
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Why can't they just make the colors different in the food database? You know, Admin ones Darker, others, lighter?

I'm just wondering if it continues to get darker as the quotes nest until you can't actually read the text anymore, or does the text font change color to compensate?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

I'm just wondering if it continues to get darker as the quotes nest until you can't actually read the text anymore, or does the text font change color to compensate?

And here I thought it was my eyesight. At least wait until April Fools to play such tricks. :(
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

And here I thought it was my eyesight. At least wait until April Fools to play such tricks. :(

Will there be a point where you just can't read the text?
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    So it is a real problem affecting everybody? I thought that it was my PC. What else should we expect from MFP...? >:)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    I'm not sure why, but those embedded quotes actually make me a little queezy. Must be something to the optics, but whatever it is, I'm not liking this newest change :(
  • nutmegoreo
    aokoye wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

I'm not sure why, but those embedded quotes actually make me a little queezy. Must be something to the optics, but whatever it is, I'm not liking this newest change :(

We used to be able to choose how many quotes within the quotes we could see. I'm not sure if that option is still available. It's nice to see the conversation flow without going back, but you lose the contributor name on it, and I liked the click to show the previous quotes option.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

We used to be able to choose how many quotes within the quotes we could see. I'm not sure if that option is still available. It's nice to see the conversation flow without going back, but you lose the contributor name on it, and I liked the click to show the previous quotes option.

What the what?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone
  • nutmegoreo
    edited December 2019
    MikePTY wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

ETA: Huh, looks like at some point the background box gets dark enough that the text is lighter and still shows. Although there is a couple points of nearly unreadable.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    So it looks like 11 quotes deep is the threshold on my monitor (using the second to latest version of the Macbook Pro).
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Reading this thread is making me dizzy. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • cmriverside
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

ETA: Huh, looks like at some point the background box gets dark enough that the text is lighter and still shows. Although there is a couple points of nearly unreadable.

I had to do it again to see if it keeps getting darker and the text keeps appearing lighter.
  • cmriverside
    The fact that you have to see all the nested quotes is pretty annoying too. I liked the Before version better.

So many things to actually fix, why mess with this?

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

I had to do it again to see if it keeps getting darker and the text keeps appearing lighter.

what's going on here?
  • cmriverside
    shaf238 wrote: »
    getting darker
    test
    Lets find out

I'll help.

Not so far...

What the what?

Almost gone

Jackpot!

what's going on here?

#Features.
  • cmriverside
    :lol: at it running off the page. As "New and Improved" goes, I'd say it's a big fail.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    :lol: at it running off the page. As "New and Improved" goes, I'd say it's a big fail.

agreed