40 is coming :/ anyone else??

Options
124»

Replies

• ttmspeace
    ttmspeace Posts: 240
    Options
    Ha mimi I like the 5th 35th bday ,my kids have something like that going on for me too :)
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in couple of weeks!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in February! :smile: My birthday lands mid-week this time around, and I'm celebrating by running my first marathon the Sunday prior, and then getting on a cruise ship the next day. Planning to spend most of the actual day indulging in whatever the spa happens to be offering, relaxing with DH on the serenity deck, and ordering one of everything at dinner that night. lol

I don't feel funny about this particular birthday; the one that hit me hardest was when I turned 25. I didn't want to celebrate that one at all - omg halfway to 50 whatever shall I do??! Luckily my friends invaded the house and took my mind off my woes. :drinker:
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I take it with pride, that's the best time in my life, enjoy your 40
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in Oct.
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    40 in January
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A couple of years until I hit the big 40. I'm not dreading it to be honest. I will (hopefully) be in the best shape of my life, I will have completed my engineering degree and we'll have moved into an apartment almost twice as big.

What's to fear? No kids, nothing holding us back- it'll be awesome :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I turn 41 this coming month.

I'm not dreading it at all, and I didn't dread 40. I did my best to cross that barrier in the best shape of my life, and I'll be crossing 41 in even better shape.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I turn 41 this coming month.

I'm not dreading it at all, and I didn't dread 40. I did my best to cross that barrier in the best shape of my life, and I'll be crossing 41 in even better shape.

:love:
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last week. I love milestone birthdays because I like to look back and see what I accomplished, what I learned from mistakes, and then make my plans for the next chapter. So far 40 is kicking 30's *kitten*. I'm more confident now, and I know myself much more intimately than before. My physical and financial health is improving by leaps and bounds, I have much better coping skills, more time/money/courage to achieve my dreams and have adventures, and the sex is earth-shaking.

I can't wait for 50.