Dont give up. Crockpot edition.

isalsayourface123
isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
Well. Really you can put anything in this thread. Help motivate. Give tips of how you juggle the holidays. I personally am trying a recipe in the crockpot. If it works out it will be easy for me to lower my calories and up my protein.

What are you doing to stay motivated the rest of 2019?

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    I'm also making sure I hit at least 10. 000 steps no matter if it's a weights day or off day.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I joined a group for workouts on Wednesdays and have been helping another lady at the gym learn different workouts. Guess I have to show up now, huh.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    I was really hoping this was a slow cooker that had a Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel motif.
  • s131951
    Also, :# I bought a size smaller pants to keep trying on and take progress pics for motivation.

I don't think I could get into your pants at this time.
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    I want to put you in the crockpot and then jump in and let’s both get cooked.
  • isalsayourface123
    I want to put you in the crockpot and then jump in and let’s both get cooked.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️jack.
  • isalsayourface123
    s131951 wrote: »
    Also, :# I bought a size smaller pants to keep trying on and take progress pics for motivation.

Neither of us. Guess we'll have to use yours.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member
    Well. Really you can put anything in this thread. Help motivate. Give tips of how you juggle the holidays. I personally am trying a recipe in the crockpot. If it works out it will be easy for me to lower my calories and up my protein.

What’s the recipe??
  • isalsayourface123
    I joined a group for workouts on Wednesdays and have been helping another lady at the gym learn different workouts. Guess I have to show up now, huh.

This is amazing.

Does this help make up for nagging earlier?
  • isalsayourface123
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

What’s the recipe??

Chicken.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i just keep telling myself how eventually we all die and stay that way forever and even though we can't change it, it's not worth rushing to the red light either.
  • sweetsal64
    sweetsal64 Posts: 23 Member
    We booked a vacation to somewhere warm a couple weeks ago. B) I laid out my swimsuits (large to small). I tried them each on and said "uh oh"! The big one fit but I want to wear the much smaller two-piece. So, since I've slid backwards in the few months before booking, I am now eating lots of steamed veggies, fruits and lean meats. I eat carbs too, but I must "earn" them through planned extra work-out time at the gym. It is paying off! I'm down a couple of pounds and feeling leaner each day. I want my husband to see me happy and confident at the beach :)
  • s131951

You would look like a clown, member of ICP or dye them black and take up smoking clove cigarettes.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member
    I’m trying sober December and dry January maybe longer idk -

also thinking of signing up for some 5ks in 2020 and possibly a tough mudder next Halloween ...

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I've been trying to not be so limited and strict in my food choices. Everything is fair game.
  • isalsayourface123

You would look like a clown, member of ICP or dye them black and take up smoking clove cigarettes.

Hmmmm. I'll go with the clown option.
    sweetsal64 wrote: »
    We booked a vacation to somewhere warm a couple weeks ago. B) I laid out my swimsuits (large to small). I tried them each on and said "uh oh"! The big one fit but I want to wear the much smaller two-piece. So, since I've slid backwards in the few months before booking, I am now eating lots of steamed veggies, fruits and lean meats. I eat carbs too, but I must "earn" them through planned extra work-out time at the gym. It is paying off! I'm down a couple of pounds and feeling leaner each day. I want my husband to see me happy and confident at the beach :)

Jealous of your beach trip!!! Yesh for you!
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I’m trying sober December and dry January maybe longer idk -

also thinking of signing up for some 5ks in 2020 and possibly a tough mudder next Halloween ...

Dry January for sure. How does sober December work?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I joined a gym, for the first time in my life, so I can run still on my days off. I can't run outside in the ice and snow - I'm just not that person.
  • isalsayourface123
    edited December 2019
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I joined a gym, for the first time in my life, so I can run still on my days off. I can't run outside in the ice and snow - I'm just not that person.

I was scared just to run on wet pavement...I was sure I was going to go head first and die.