Dont give up. Crockpot edition.

2»

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,370 Member
    After 20-odd years I finally got bored with my stair machine and bought myself a rowing machine (ordered, haven't picked it up yet). But I'm in the midst of rehabbing a mysterious hip injury and my physiotherapist has banned lower body workouts and I don't seem to be improving so I'm not sure if I will ever be able to use the new rowing machine :'( I also bought a pair of 45lb plates without knowing when I'll get the go-ahead to squat and deadlift again. :'(

Okay that was more of a whine. Not very motivational or uplifting.

Crockpot cooking is the best!
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    After 20-odd years I finally got bored with my stair machine and bought myself a rowing machine (ordered, haven't picked it up yet). But I'm in the midst of rehabbing a mysterious hip injury and my physiotherapist has banned lower body workouts and I don't seem to be improving so I'm not sure if I will ever be able to use the new rowing machine :'( I also bought a pair of 45lb plates without knowing when I'll get the go-ahead to squat and deadlift again. :'(

Okay that was more of a whine. Not very motivational or uplifting.

Crockpot cooking is the best!

:D you've motivated me to never buy a stair machine.
  • isalsayourface123
    p6gqikt83xs3.jpg

67g18o246gcq.jpg

lyiabyqrexwp.jpg

This took very little prep time. Cooked 3 hrs. And the chicken could be used in a roll up. In a pasta. With rice. Taste testing for lunch tomorrow. One bite was tasty.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    p6gqikt83xs3.jpg

67g18o246gcq.jpg

lyiabyqrexwp.jpg

This took very little prep time. Cooked 3 hrs. And the chicken could be used in a roll up. In a pasta. With rice. Taste testing for lunch tomorrow. One bite was tasty.

I see we think similarly in some regards.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    i just keep telling myself how eventually we all die and stay that way forever and even though we can't change it, it's not worth rushing to the red light either.

It’s good to remember this
  • isalsayourface123
    s131951 wrote: »
    p6gqikt83xs3.jpg

67g18o246gcq.jpg

lyiabyqrexwp.jpg

Cause, chicken?
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    p6gqikt83xs3.jpg

67g18o246gcq.jpg

lyiabyqrexwp.jpg

Cause, chicken?

Yes. I'll season chicken in the slow cooker and dress it in different meal costumes throughout the week for various meals. Works with the kids too.

Also, chemically knowledgeable.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member
    Also, :# I bought a size smaller pants to keep trying on and take progress pics for motivation.

I don't think I could get into your pants at this time.

Neither of us. Guess we'll have to use yours.

You would look like a clown, member of ICP or dye them black and take up smoking clove cigarettes.

Hmmmm. I'll go with the clown option.
    sweetsal64 wrote: »
    We booked a vacation to somewhere warm a couple weeks ago. B) I laid out my swimsuits (large to small). I tried them each on and said "uh oh"! The big one fit but I want to wear the much smaller two-piece. So, since I've slid backwards in the few months before booking, I am now eating lots of steamed veggies, fruits and lean meats. I eat carbs too, but I must "earn" them through planned extra work-out time at the gym. It is paying off! I'm down a couple of pounds and feeling leaner each day. I want my husband to see me happy and confident at the beach :)

Jealous of your beach trip!!! Yesh for you!
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I’m trying sober December and dry January maybe longer idk -

also thinking of signing up for some 5ks in 2020 and possibly a tough mudder next Halloween ...

Dry January for sure. How does sober December work?

If you stay sober through December- you win
  • isalsayourface123
    p6gqikt83xs3.jpg

67g18o246gcq.jpg

lyiabyqrexwp.jpg

Cause, chicken?

Yes. I'll season chicken in the slow cooker and dress it in different meal costumes throughout the week for various meals. Works with the kids too.

Also, chemically knowledgeable.

😂😂😂my thoughts exactly. We shall see. I may try a roll up tonight
  • isalsayourface123
    Also, :# I bought a size smaller pants to keep trying on and take progress pics for motivation.

You would look like a clown, member of ICP or dye them black and take up smoking clove cigarettes.

We booked a vacation to somewhere warm a couple weeks ago. B) I laid out my swimsuits (large to small). I tried them each on and said "uh oh"! The big one fit but I want to wear the much smaller two-piece. So, since I've slid backwards in the few months before booking, I am now eating lots of steamed veggies, fruits and lean meats. I eat carbs too, but I must "earn" them through planned extra work-out time at the gym. It is paying off! I'm down a couple of pounds and feeling leaner each day. I want my husband to see me happy and confident at the beach :)

also thinking of signing up for some 5ks in 2020 and possibly a tough mudder next Halloween ...

I dont like this game
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member

I dont like this game

Yeah - me either - but it’s a necessary evil or good depends on who you ask 🤷‍♂️
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member

That's awesome, man. Good luck!
  • isalsayourface123
    edited December 2019
    u can put a couple pounds of chicken in slow cooker with a packet of taco seasoning and a can of rotel for about 3-4 hrs on high or 6-8 on low and then shred it up, works really well as shredded taco meat.

Yum. Tomorrow's dinner.
  • isalsayourface123
    I skip all holiday functions and invites as to minimize unnecessary food and alcohol intake.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I am concentrating on my macros, especially protein, because if I eat all the Christmas snack food (I'm looking at you mini pizzas) I just get hungry an hour later and end up eating more unsatisfying food.