Rowing Machine?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just a bit of a warning. I've seen Facebook ads offering a Concept2 for like $100. This is a scam. Never buy a Concept2 unless it's from Concept2 or Rogue Fitness. I've seen a lot of people on Facebook that can't believe their "good fortune" in finding one for $100. If it seems to good to be true...

https://www.concept2.com/news/buyer-beware

I bought mine from amazon. Just to add to your list.

Since Amazon acts as a distributor for other vendors, including some dodgy ones, I'd advise care with Amazon, even. May be fine, may be not. I'm glad you got the real thing.

Eh...it’s sold and fulfilled by amazon, price was comparable to the C2 site, and credit card used. Between all that I felt more confident going through Amazon with their customer service than I did going direct through C2, who I was not familiar with at the time.

If my choice was Craigslist or C2, then I totally would go with C2, and now that I “know” C2 better, I would buy direct from them.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You can get a good workout but ideally you should be lifting weights too, not just doing cardio.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    You can get a good workout but ideally you should be lifting weights too, not just doing cardio.

Lifting weights is unquestionably more efficient/faster for building muscle, but I think you may underestimate the value of rowing (when correctly done) by considering it to be purely cardio.

It'd be best to do some explicit strength training alongside rowing, no question. But a person who does only rowing (with correct technique) won't be likely to end up a skinny noodle.
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just a bit of a warning. I've seen Facebook ads offering a Concept2 for like $100. This is a scam. Never buy a Concept2 unless it's from Concept2 or Rogue Fitness. I've seen a lot of people on Facebook that can't believe their "good fortune" in finding one for $100. If it seems to good to be true...

https://www.concept2.com/news/buyer-beware

I bought mine from amazon. Just to add to your list.

Since Amazon acts as a distributor for other vendors, including some dodgy ones, I'd advise care with Amazon, even. May be fine, may be not. I'm glad you got the real thing.

I also ordered mine from Amazon. I did check 1st to be sure, and the only vendor listed on Amazon is Concept2. I verified with Concept2 when I registered my rower as well, and Amazon is on their list of distributors. I've used Amazon for years with no issue, so I felt more comfortable ordering from them than a website I had no experience with. It was very easy to register on the Concept2 website, took less than 2 minutes and I got verification the next day. 👍 I do agree that people should always do their homework before making a purchase! Can't be too careful with all the scams out there.